12V Fill-Rite Pump Questions

/ 12V Fill-Rite Pump Questions #1  

40_acre_mule

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L4701
Okay, I just bought one from the local industrial supply. I also got the filter.
They weren't a lot of help.
The owners manual also leaves a lot to be desired.

1. Does the pump have to be primed?
2. There's a big silver lever under the pump nozzle. I assume that's the on/off. Yes?
3. There's a smaller red lever to the inside of the silver lever. What's it do?

This is the one...
Fill-Rite 12 Volt Fuel Transfer Pump, 15 GPM:: Manual Nozzle - Dultmeier Sales

/ 12V Fill-Rite Pump Questions #2  
#1) No. It is self priming.
#2) Yes. The long horizontal lever is the on-off switch.
#3) The red lever is for locking the nozzle in place to prevent theft. I use a different nozzle than the Fill-Rite one and run a long bicycle type Master lock to lock the nozzle on place.
Good choice of pumps. Have two of them and no problems in spite of buying them on EBay and Craigs list.
Good luck.

/ 12V Fill-Rite Pump Questions #4  
If you look at the picture in that link you sent it shows a galvanized 90 degree street elbow where the rubber hose mounts to the pump. Add an extra 45 degree elbow so the hose points towards the ground. If you don't the hose will kink due to the weight pulling it down when not in use. It'll pump just fine but the hose will not last as long.

If you use yours like I use mine, in 55 gallon drums and remove it quite often you can add some quick disconnects to the fuel line. It makes screwing and unscrewing the pump into the barrel a lot easier. I found a set of Parker 60 series on ebay for a reasonable price.

/ 12V Fill-Rite Pump Questions
If you look at the picture in that link you sent it shows a galvanized 90 degree street elbow where the rubber hose mounts to the pump. Add an extra 45 degree elbow so the hose points towards the ground. If you don't the hose will kink due to the weight pulling it down when not in use. It'll pump just fine but the hose will not last as long.

If you use yours like I use mine, in 55 gallon drums and remove it quite often you can add some quick disconnects to the fuel line. It makes screwing and unscrewing the pump into the barrel a lot easier. I found a set of Parker 60 series on ebay for a reasonable price.

Good Ideas. They are on my list....

/ 12V Fill-Rite Pump Questions #6  
On my pump at the top 90 ell as shown in the photo, I installed a good cartridge type fuel filter with water separator then another 90 ell to let the hose fall straight down. It will kink if you dont turn it down and eventually ruin your hose. I also have an automatic shutoff nozzle which keeps you from overflowing the tank without having your head stuck in the fuel tank. Even if you dont get the auto shut off, you should put in a good fuel filter with water separator. Some filters also incorporate a water adsorber into the filter. I cant say as to how well they work as I have never used one of them.