14.9-24 vs 17.5-24 tires

/ 14.9-24 vs 17.5-24 tires #11  
Just using it around the house - plugging yard, sowing grass, mulching trees, scraping driveways

You're going with the R4s aren't you........

I hate them, never again, never never never. Turfs around the house are good for 90% of what I do.

/ 14.9-24 vs 17.5-24 tires #12  
What size tires are on it? What bolt pattern?
David from jax

I am not sure. I think its the 7 14, they have 6 lugs. Not sure the pattern diameter. I am not very familiar with tractor wheels and tires so don't be shy about oversharing information with me :)

/ 14.9-24 vs 17.5-24 tires #13  
If you have a soft sidewall and the fatter/larger air volume, I prefer that and run them at as low an air pressure as I can get by with for riding comfort. Between Fescue isolated plants (clumps) and Houston Black Clay cracks (you could loose a front tire in) summer time travel is a bummer. Any help I can get I'll take it.

/ 14.9-24 vs 17.5-24 tires #15  
Those same tire size options were available for my Yanmar LX. I went with the AG tread for better traction in clay soils and snow conditions.

Something to consider with an open station tractor, can you reach the three point lift lever from outside the tractor? With the 14.9-24 Ags, I can stand beside the tire and just about reach the lever, this is handy when hooking up attachments. With the wider 17.5-24 R4s, I could not reach the lift lever from outside the tractor.

/ 14.9-24 vs 17.5-24 tires #16  
Sorry to bring up an old post but tractordata says my JD302A came with 14.9-24 but it currently has 17.5L-24. Does that mean a previous owner has put different wheels on my tractor or will both tires fit the same wheel? Also, I have wheel weights, if the same wheel will do either size of tire, will having wheel weights make one size better than the other?