1401d vs 186D 3 point lift comparison

/ 1401d vs 186D 3 point lift comparison #21  
Interesting, that there is no difference between the 186 and 186d as the front end weight would be a lot higher because of the 4wd. I use a lot of extra weight on the front end because of the brushhog. When I am loading it onto the trailer, I have to use the brakes to keep it straight as the front wheels are in the air. I always try to park the trailer down hill when loading and unloading.

/ 1401d vs 186D 3 point lift comparison
California, is the limiting factor in lifting the extra blocks only the balance of the tractor on the 186D? That is, will it actually lift more blocks than it will safely work on the disk? Is it the steering that restricts you? I don't see this machine handling 900lbs of ground engaging implement, that's for sure, but I wonder if it was designed to be able to safely handle something like a 3pt backhoe or cement mixer.

I agree that 300kg "sounds" like a good number for this machine. If I were just to select the most reasonable number, that's what I would choose. But of the sources (One ad versus a service and an operator's manual) I would tend to trust the directions more than the advertisement. That doesn't mean they didn't make mistakes, of course.

Thanks for the pictures.

/ 1401d vs 186D 3 point lift comparison #23  
will it actually lift more blocks than it will safely work on the disk? Is it the steering that restricts you? ... But of the sources (One ad versus a service and an operator's manual) I would tend to trust the directions more than the advertisement.
I think the pre-sale retail brochure, the detailed product description listing what is being sold to the customer, probably got reviewed by Yanmar-USA's attorney and is more accurate than the manuals provided later. I'm running double the maximum front-bumper ballast allowed by the manual and when that won't keep the nose down, any more weight on the rear must be more than Yanmar intended.

I won't have anything heavy on the 3-point to test maximum capacity, for another couple of months. Off-season use is just carrying stuff around on the rear forks and pallet-platform. Examples:

November, picking a family Persimmon tree down in the back of the orchard.

P1560653rYM186DPersimmonHar.jpg

And just for fun. The first picture I found, looking for something showing that rear platform. This little guy showed up August 2009 and never left. He must be an abandoned pet, he has no fear and begs to be let in the guest cabin at bedtime. No way!!!

P1560420rPeacockWalksIntoBarn.jpg

/ 1401d vs 186D 3 point lift comparison #24  
I think the pre-sale retail brochure, the detailed product description listing what is being sold to the customer, probably got reviewed by Yanmar-USA's attorney and is more accurate than the manuals provided later. I'm running double the maximum front-bumper ballast allowed by the manual and when that won't keep the nose down, any more weight on the rear must be more than Yanmar intended.

I won't have anything heavy on the 3-point to test maximum capacity, for another couple of months. Off-season use is just carrying stuff around on the rear forks and pallet-platform. Examples:

November, picking a family Persimmon tree down in the back of the orchard.

View attachment 200622

And just for fun. The first picture I found, looking for something showing that rear platform. This little guy showed up August 2009 and never left. He must be an abandoned pet, he has no fear and begs to be let in the guest cabin at bedtime. No way!!!

View attachment 200623

Clearly you have a different species of persimmion than we have here. Ours are the size of a quarter and i have no idea why you would want to eat them, but the deer love them. Maybe after the freeze and you bake them with sugar or something.

/ 1401d vs 186D 3 point lift comparison #25  
My East Texas persimmon looks just like California's except for the size of the persimmons. Not near as big as yours. And I thought everything in Texas was bigger.:laughing:

/ 1401d vs 186D 3 point lift comparison #26  
A few more pix I have online that include the persimmon trees. My kids were far from home at the time living in Ecuador and DC. I posted these to show them what I was talking about.

There are two Hayashi persimmon trees here. The fruit are as big as apples. I don't care for them myself. Before they are ripe, a mouthful is astringent and will leave you puckered up and cussing. I never have learned how to judge full ripe ones. When ripe, they are soft inside similar to a tomato and scooping out the inside with a spoon is like eating jam out of a jar. My wife loves them.

Most of the harvest is given to friends and neighbors in town. Some make decorative table arrangements for Thanksgiving, others slice and dry them to make snacks like candy. I keep talking about selling my 200 lbs or so wholesale but I've never pursued this. Retail price for fresh Hayashi persimmons is real high, maybe three persimmons / $2 just before Thanksgiving.

Fuyu is the other kind of persimmon grown here. We just planted a new tree. These are a little smaller, round, and chewy like an apple with no astringency. I like them better and can't wait for that tree to start producing.

/ 1401d vs 186D 3 point lift comparison #27  
My brother had a pet deer when growing up. That deer would eat persimmons and wobble all around as though he were drunk. Don't have a clue as to what kind of persimmons we have here, they are just native. You have a beautiful place there California, was able to make a trip through California back in 1988, was truly amazed at the beauty and agriculture in your state.

/ 1401d vs 186D 3 point lift comparison
Those are really good looking orchards and trees. I've never cared for persimmons, likely because the only one I tried as a child was exactly as California described an unripe Hayashi: Astringent and absolutely repulsive. The trees are kind of hit or miss around here. Sometimes they live, as the dry and hot summers here are frequently too oppressive for the trees to be fruitful. The cherry orchards that used to thrive here are strongly in decline too, for the same reasons.

California, I think you're right about the numbers. But I can't help but joke that I would trust the Japanese engineer before I trusted the American lawyer!:laughing:

The fact that ballast beyond what is allowed by the manufacturer to handle loads of around 600lbs indicates to me that one shouldn't exceed that, even if the machine's hydraulics are that powerful. It's got to be too hard on the machine, especially with as violently as the lift mechanism operates.

/ 1401d vs 186D 3 point lift comparison #29  
My brother had a pet deer when growing up. That deer would eat persimmons and wobble all around as though he were drunk. Don't have a clue as to what kind of persimmons we have here, they are just native. You have a beautiful place there California, was able to make a trip through California back in 1988, was truly amazed at the beauty and agriculture in your state.

As those things get ripe and we still have hot temps into september and october here in the south, when they still are hanging around (persimmons that is) that the deer have not already eaten, they will start to ferment, turning each fruit into a wine cooler made in its own skin. Eat enough of these it will affect an animal. Birds and muscadines that have turned to alcohol have the same effect, any fruit for that matter.