1428 Hydro lockout woes

/ 1428 Hydro lockout woes #11  
Surgeon said:
Nope. No clutch. I do rock the hydro pedal. Occasionally right as I shut down and realize what I did rocking the hydro pedal will help but cycling the FEL works more often. You can feel the pressure drop when it works.

Mine doesn't either. It is hard to get out of low range especially when in four wheel drive. I sometimes have to straighten up the tractor and work it back and forth

/ 1428 Hydro lockout woes #12  
I'd love to see a hydraulic diagram for that tractor since I have never heard of that problem before. It sounds almost like your hydrostatic pressure remains and leaves torque on the motor portion of the pump/motor pair. But it seems like that should bleed off pretty fast. Your system must be more complicated than my little BX2200.

/ 1428 Hydro lockout woes #13  
There is a servcie bulletin on that very issue. The shift linkage changed to give the operato a little more leverage to shift the range gears when the "stick" preventing you from shifting to neutral.

/ 1428 Hydro lockout woes
Where would I find the service bulletin?

/ 1428 Hydro lockout woes #15  
look back in 2006,was a easy fix ,dealer repaired at no cost .

Last edited:
   / 1428 Hydro lockout woes #16  
Almost sounds like tension on the gear train from the " wheel" end instead of the drive end....