1428V

/ 1428V #1  

bigbrntrck

think im going for it!!! its a great tractor for the amount of work i have now and will be able to handle 10 more acres. im going to put a busy bee finishmowere behind it with a 5ft box, think im holding off on the FEL its 3250.00 it would be nice but i might be able to find an after market for less. any help out there??? 10500 for tractor seems resonable and 1850 for atchaments.
am i getting a goood deal or should i shop. this will be my first NEW TRACTOR. anyone have any comments or suggestions, would love to hear from froim ya. thanks

/ 1428V #2  
Bigbrntruck:

Your price sounds like the going rate to me, maybe a little under in my area. I can't say much but, I did come very close to owning it's biger brother the 1433v and would have but it was a little out of my reach on price...sure did like that tractor!

/ 1428V #3  
I got a price of $10,800 for a 1428V gear drive with R4 tires locally, so I'd have to say $10,500 sounds good. Nice driving and handling unit, I liked the control layout and the general feel and look of it except for the gearshift position which wouldn't be a deal breaker since I wouldn't be constantly using it. I got a price of $1,350 for a red BTC 5 foot mower. This MF dealer sells Branson also. The reds are close enough I guess. No loader in the plans yet.
DMB

/ 1428V #4  
Hi,

Check out Buhler loaders. www.buhler.com just as good quality, if not better than Alo( from what my dealer tells me, and he sells both ) and less money to buy!!

Take care

Will

/ 1428V #5  
bigbrown,I'm definately not one to spend someone else's money but ,If you currently have a valid use for a loader I would get it now so it would be there when you needed it ... Not one of these deals when you say "I could do it if I had a loader! "Something to think about,Also when the dealer has the tractor that you want already on his lot and has the loaders that are made for it there is no hauling fee's/down time/lonely nights without your tractor /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif(just kiddin)
But all kidding aside my first tractor had no loader and when you need one /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gifa back blade just doesn't cut it,been there done that

/ 1428V #6  
Hi

I agree with Nasty on all counts. Plus, when I was talking to my dealer, he told me the only Massey loaders he sells are for the compact tractors. ( if a customer wants one on a bigger tractor, he will not refuse them. ) The MF loaders are engineered for the compact tractors. So you will not ruin your tractor over the long haul by lifting too heavy of things with it!! This is the reason the MF loaders are engineered with lower weight ratings, not becuase they don't have the ability to make heavier loaders, but they are thinking about the life of the tractor, and a slightly lower rating and ability will extend the life of the tractor BIGTIME!!

I hope this helps!!

Will