1433v popping out of low range

/ 1433v popping out of low range #1  

wayne48

Bronze Member
Tractor
MF 1433v
My MF 1433v shuttle shift has started popping out of low range while working (skidding logs). I can push the lever back into low range easily and work for a while, but then it will pop out again. Doesn't seem to be load related. It's done it when under load as well as no load. Doesn't seem to happen when I'm in high range.
Anyone have insight about what might be going on or what to check?
Thanks

/ 1433v popping out of low range #2  
Cannot directly help BUT I had a similar circumstance with an 8-speed shuttle shift on a MF2660 which was popping out of 2nd gear frequently. It was quickly and easily fixed by the dealer but I am not knowledgeable of what was broken or out of place. It was one of the gears, NOT the range selector.

/ 1433v popping out of low range
I actually did my own quick fix- a bungee cord to keep the lever in low range! It will be interesting to see how long that works.

/ 1433v popping out of low range #4  
My MF1540 hst range lever would pop out of range years ago.

Had it into the dealer one time for something else and asked them to check it out; in about a minute he tightened something towards the bottom of the range lever and it’s been good since.

Not sure if the range lever is the same on a shuttle shift though.

/ 1433v popping out of low range #5  
I actually did my own quick fix- a bungee cord to keep the lever in low range! It will be interesting to see how long that works.
I don't recommend running that way forever,... but I think you could. As I recall it is something grossly simple like a pin or spring dropped out of place.

/ 1433v popping out of low range #6  
Look very closely at your shift linkage - it usually turns out that the external shift linkage got tweaked over time. 1. Disconnect the shift linkage at the shift arm going into the transmission housing. 2. shift it into low range with a pair of pliers on the shift arm. 3. If it doesn't jump out of gear with the external shift linkage disconnected it means that everything inside the transmission is fine and the issue is with the external shift linkage.