15 / 16 series block cracks

/ 15 / 16 series block cracks #1  

jwcinpk

Veteran Member
Tractor
2009 Mahindra 3316 HST-2008 Mahindra 7010 cab - 2004 Mahindra 6000 4X4
Have any of you dealers had blocks cracking where the loader subframe mounts to the engine block?
My 3316 is in the shop with a cracked block where the loader subframe mounts, only 145 hours.

/ 15 / 16 series block cracks #2  
This was an issue with some CC Mitsu models. If I remember it was resolved with a brace and bolt tightening. I think the Woods loaders had a pic of the supplementary brace in the parts literature. You might post this on the CC section. You will no doubt get several responses.

/ 15 / 16 series block cracks #3  
Been there done that....I own a Mahindra 3510 with a cracked block...
This is an issue on almost all brands...the loader baring box (loader mounts) bolts must be kept tight it is listed in your owners manual to check bolts at ever 25 hours (I think it's 25 hours) I also have a 3015 engine that I replaced because of this same issue.
I had looked at trading a Massey in untill I pointed out the same problem to the potential customer.

/ 15 / 16 series block cracks #4  
This is an issue on almost all brands...the loader baring box (loader mounts) bolts must be kept tight it is listed in your owners manual to check bolts at ever 25 hours (I think it's 25 hours) I also have a 3015 engine that I replaced because of this same issue.
I had looked at trading a Massey in untill I pointed out the same problem to the potential customer.
Walllace
I own a older 4110, 2002 , I can not find it in my "OPERATORS MANUAL" except for a generic :
"Loose nuts and bolts----Check daily----Tighten"
Any torque requirements for these bolts ?

/ 15 / 16 series block cracks #5  
Walllace
I own a older 4110, 2002 , I can not find it in my "OPERATORS MANUAL" except for a generic :
"Loose nuts and bolts----Check daily----Tighten"
Any torque requirements for these bolts ?
What size are the bolts? closest american equivalent is fine. I find that if you have good thread engagement [Id prefer around 10 threads engaged in a casting] you can tighten to the full bolt spec and they wont ever come loose if the system is properly designed. I tightened the 18mm~3/4~ gr5 bolts on the ML275 to just short of 300ft-lb. Checked them after 400hrs of very hard loader use on the 7520 with all loaded AGs and I cant move them.

Im guessing your bolts are ~5/8". Those should be 150 ft-lb or a little more. If they tend to loosen go to a higher grade bolt. M 10.9 grade will take well above 200ft# in that size.
larry

/ 15 / 16 series block cracks #6  
Thanks for the heads up, I checked both halves on the 2615, after 50 hrs moderate use, they weren't loose, but they weren't tight either. I snugged them up with a breaker bar..:D

/ 15 / 16 series block cracks #7  

Yet another reason I am happy we did not buy a loader with our tractor...

/ 15 / 16 series block cracks #8  
I don't understand what is so difficult about opening an operators manual to the maintenance page regarding tractor rail bolts; and following instructions to torque to specifications. If you remove the bolts, one at a time, clean external and internal threads, followed by application of Thread Locker Blue, and properly torqued; you should not have a problem with damage to your tractor. Unless, there is either abuse, or faulty material.

If you follow the above steps, you should'nt have to do it again. Just remember to recheck at specified hours.

/ 15 / 16 series block cracks
Why is it when there is a problem with a tractor you get folks who immediately blame the operator/owner = abuse/maintanence. I too thought **** I've let those bolts get loose. I checked their torque as soon as it happened and guess what, they were tight. Plenty tight! I didn't put a torque wrench on them but I know they were as tight as the last time I checked them which was at about 110 hours. Mahindra sent their service rep to check them too! Guess they were tight enough for him. The new engine is on the way, supposedly. I'm still out my tractor for weeks. I'm just hoping it's fixed by Oct 13. I have chickenhouses to clean out. I bought the tractor specifically for this. I thought it beat buying or renting a skid steer. Looks like I may be renting one anyway though. It is my understanding they will be adding some support. All I can say is atleast Mahindra is finding a fix for this problem. I've been on my own to find a fix for the breakages I've had with the 7010.

/ 15 / 16 series block cracks #10  
Why is it when there is a problem with a tractor you get folks who immediately blame the operator/owner = abuse/maintanence.
Aint it the truth? :eek: :mad:
Does your loader have the subframe/back bracing to the rear? If so, the design interface of the loader/tractor must be sub marginal. Glad they are conscious of it now.
larry