15% ethanol!?!?

/ 15% ethanol!?!? #161  
I had missed that..... so I guess they just "forgot" to generate that report ?

I thought this was supposed to be science/engineering based..... :rolleyes:

Rgds, D.

They didn't forget the report, they are too busy trying to regulate to death oil and gas exploration. Not to mention actually putting coal out of the energy equation.

/ 15% ethanol!?!? #162  
My point is you ALWAYS disagree anyone who is against your "love ethanol above anything else" position.
I have to think you have some degree of having a dog in that hunt

/ 15% ethanol!?!? #163  
They didn't forget the report, they are too busy trying to regulate to death oil and gas exploration. Not to mention actually putting coal out of the energy equation.

The State of Utah had committed up to 50 million dollars for a state of the art contained coal transfer facility in the city of Oakland CA... part of the port reuse after the Navy left.

Union jobs and revitalization and last week after lawsuits and city proclamations ban coal shipments the offer was withdrawn.,

/ 15% ethanol!?!? #164  
The State of Utah had committed up to 50 million dollars for a state of the art contained coal transfer facility in the city of Oakland CA... part of the port reuse after the Navy left.

Union jobs and revitalization and last week after lawsuits and city proclamations ban coal shipments the offer was withdrawn.,

Yeah, one more step for clean air in the wrong direction. The collateral damage by way of lost energy jobs is adding up. Sure hope the windmills and mirrors can produce enough power for you guys down there. Sorry for the negative outlook however living in an energy producing state, I'm kind of bitter.

/ 15% ethanol!?!? #165  
"They said they use a test container for fuel to guarantee amount. Told them that the common rail diesels have fuel return line as part of metered pressure. Asked if they accounted for that."

IF they use say a 10 gal container, what difference would that make? When the container is empty, it is empty regardless of how many times surplus is returned to the container. Never had much use though for Consumer Reports, everything we had was junk and vehicles consistently got lower mileage than we were measuring, even checking against mile markers.

Walt Conner

/ 15% ethanol!?!? #166  
"They said they use a test container for fuel to guarantee amount. Told them that the common rail diesels have fuel return line as part of metered pressure. Asked if they accounted for that."

IF they use say a 10 gal container, what difference would that make? When the container is empty, it is empty regardless of how many times surplus is returned to the container. Never had much use though for Consumer Reports, everything we had was junk and vehicles consistently got lower mileage than we were measuring, even checking against mile markers.

Walt Conner
The question would be, did they connect both hoses to the test container or did they only install the hose drawing fuel out? If they left the return line connected to the original tank, it would make a difference.

/ 15% ethanol!?!? #167  
They only installed the container to the fuel input at the fuel filter and did not hook up the return line from the rail. Not very competent folks at CR. Probably just used to doing their normal gas engine tests and novices when it comes to diesels. They might have finally gotten up to speed now. The test I referred to was done 10 years ago.