Chains 1510 owners on sway chains

/ 1510 owners on sway chains #1  

roxynoodle

Platinum Member
Tractor
Yanmar 1510d, 1950 Farmall H
I need sway chains on my 1510D because I keep having implements move over and hit my rear tires. Apparently the 1510 is rather tricky to put them onto. I was going to order those adapters from Hoye but he doesn't know when he will make more because he only sells about 3 sets a year. To be honest, I'm pretty clueless about what the adapters should look like, where they go on the tractor, etc or I would make some. Can anyone post pics of their 1510s and how the chains are attached to the tractor? Much appreciated.

/ 1510 owners on sway chains #2  
Post a pic of your 3 point hitch in the customize forum and see what the Think-tank comes up with. Your tractor is old enough that you might be looking at a custom job with some turn buckles and a couple links of chain. Might be able to get that squared away pretty cheep.

/ 1510 owners on sway chains #3  
There are always sway chains on E-Bay.

/ 1510 owners on sway chains #4  
I had no sway chains on my 1602D either, and I bought the set from Hoye so I could get the turnbuckles and all the hardware. I wound up crossing mine across the middle as there are no brackets out by the wheels to hook to, nor would they be in the proper plane of motion if I somehow cobbled some brackets up. Tomorrow when I get to work I'll post up a pic of how mine worked out, it's very simple.

/ 1510 owners on sway chains
Yes, exactly, you have the same problem I do! Thanks very much for getting a photo for me. I was thinking I would somehow have to cross my chains too. The tractors I have at my disposal to look at are older Ag tractors but the chains were crossed on my neighbor's Oliver and we were debating how we could do that on mine. Thanks again!

/ 1510 owners on sway chains #6  
Make a drawbar and connect the chains to it.

Bruce

I would like a drawbar but I'm not sure where to attach it. I had thought I had holes under the rear differential for one but they turned out to be rubber plugs of some kind. I'm not really sure why they are there. I'm also not sure what I will find if I pull one out.

/ 1510 owners on sway chains #8  
Here's how I did mine, Roxy.........

Attachments

• Sway chains1.jpg
    Sway chains1.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 536
  • Sway chains2.jpg
    Sway chains2.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 430
   / 1510 owners on sway chains #9  
I brought my sway chains to a fabricated hitch. I had 3 bolt holes under my rear diff. Mine were filled with dirt so maybe the plugs are a good thing. I built my hitch out of some 2x2x1/4" tube. The chains are attached to the tube with some chain repair links. These the links that are oblong and have an eye you hammer closed. I welded the eye closed and then welded the link onto the side of the hitch.

I think Dave solved the problem, thanks everyone!

So those rubber plugs are covering up drilled and tapped holes that I could use to make a drawbar? I was afraid to pull one out just in case I started a flood of diff/hyd fluid.