1527 diesel won't stay running

/ 1527 diesel won't stay running
$900 for the pump and $149 per injector.

I am going to take the injectors out and have them tested to make sure they are good.

/ 1527 diesel won't stay running #12  
If you think you have that much fuel in the oil, do a compression check on the cylinders.

/ 1527 diesel won't stay running #13  
man, youve definately got some bad luck. did it do this when you test drove it? maybe give the p.o. a call and see if maybe he knows something you dont.

No it did not do this when I test drove it.

The problem is the guy did not tell me he only had like a tablespoon of fuel in the tank. When I went to take it out the day after I drove it ran out of fuel. That is when I noticed it having all these issues.

I started it up tonight and ran it for about 5 minutes and it ran fine, but now it is leaking fuel on top of the injectors where I broke it lose to bleed them. They are tighten down all the way. I am going to see if there is a seal or something under that nut that holds the hard fuel line onto the injector.

I think I am getting closer. I need to get the oil change before I do to much more with it though.

Update.

I got the leaking on top of that injector to stop, and change the oil. It does not seem to be adding anyting to my oil anymore. I think I miss read it the time before, or the guy just had to much in it.

I have bleed everything many times now and still end up with the same issue.

Here is what is happening. If it would help I could upload a video of what is going on tomorrow to youtub and post a link in this forum.

When I first go to start it (60 degrees outside temp) it acts like it is flooded out and puffs black smoke but will eventually fire and after about 10 to 15 sec it will smooth out. Before starting I cycled the glow plugs for 30 sec. I even tried 60 sec the day before, but that did not seem to help much.

Then while running if I increase the throttle it acts like it is flooding out or running on two cylinders again and then it will smooth out. If I don't touch the throttle it will run fine unless I put a load on it such as engaging the mower deck then it will repeat the same issue and smooth out.

Is there anything else I can check?

Right now my thought is a bad injector that is sticking. I have added power server and let it run for about 1 hour tonight and that did not help at all. At this point I am at a complete loss other then pulling the injectors out and replacing them, but that is about $450. I could put new fuel filters in, but they seem to be fine and I have a very strong fuel flow.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

/ 1527 diesel won't stay running #16  
Have you checked the air filter and the entire intake hose to the intake? The filter is a great place for mice to build nests and the intake hose between the filter and manifold can collapse if the filter is restricting the intake of air. To run a diesel you need fuel air and compression in the right amounts check the basics first. By all means post the video it helps to see first hand what is going on.

Have you checked the air filter and the entire intake hose to the intake? The filter is a great place for mice to build nests and the intake hose between the filter and manifold can collapse if the filter is restricting the intake of air. To run a diesel you need fuel air and compression in the right amounts check the basics first. By all means post the video it helps to see first hand what is going on.

Yep air filter is good. I will take the video tonight and post it l8r.

Thanks

Ok I am still having the same issue here is a video of the starting issues. On a side note I did a test for the fuel injectors as follow. When the mower was running I broke the nut loose on each injector one at a time and it wanted to die each time on each cylinder. For what I was told that means that my injectors are good. Once it is running it will stumble every now and then like it is running on one cylinder.

YouTube - Cub Cadet 1572 Hard Starting

I am going to replace all filters this week and see if that helps. If that does not help what would you suggest as the next step?

Thanks

/ 1527 diesel won't stay running #19  
To answer your question, the fuel pump will run anytime the ignition key is on. It does not cycle off when pressure is met or high. On diesel fuel systems, excess fuel, since this pump runs constantly, returns back to the fuel tank. It is imperitive that this return fuel line NEVER get pinched closed or clogged. It must be allowed to return the excess fuel to the tank.

kj

Understand, I will check the return fuel line for any obstructions.

Thanks