1531 diff lock location

/ 1531 diff lock location #21  
If you can get a picture of the lever and area around it.

/ 1531 diff lock location #22  
If you can get a picture of the lever and area around it.

/ 1531 diff lock location #23  
Yes, please keep us posted. I just looked at one the other day and noticed the handle, but did not pay attention to how it operated. I'm very curious now.

/ 1531 diff lock location #24  
Yes, please keep us posted. I just looked at one the other day and noticed the handle, but did not pay attention to how it operated. I'm very curious now.

/ 1531 diff lock location
Well, I did go on Friday, so here's a bit of an update.

It was raining pretty good, so I didn't get a picture, nor did I drive the tractor again. I did ask about the diff lock though. The salesman said it would stay engaged as long as there was some load on the drivetrain. He also said that I wouldn't need it very often, but I don't know about that. The sticker was not upside down on the one I drove so there is no locking slot. In fact, I couldn't get the lever to move into the locking slot that's there at the top at all. So that seems useless. Maybe it has some application on the gear model?

I did look at the linkage, and it would be simple to modify it. I'm thinking a latch or something would be easy to add, so I went ahead and bought the thing. I'll put some pics up when I get it since there don't seem to be any there now.

Mike

/ 1531 diff lock location
Well, I did go on Friday, so here's a bit of an update.

It was raining pretty good, so I didn't get a picture, nor did I drive the tractor again. I did ask about the diff lock though. The salesman said it would stay engaged as long as there was some load on the drivetrain. He also said that I wouldn't need it very often, but I don't know about that. The sticker was not upside down on the one I drove so there is no locking slot. In fact, I couldn't get the lever to move into the locking slot that's there at the top at all. So that seems useless. Maybe it has some application on the gear model?

I did look at the linkage, and it would be simple to modify it. I'm thinking a latch or something would be easy to add, so I went ahead and bought the thing. I'll put some pics up when I get it since there don't seem to be any there now.

Mike

/ 1531 diff lock location #27  
Congratulations on the new machine.
I really think this machine is tops in it's class range. Would love to see the pics.

/ 1531 diff lock location #28  
Congratulations on the new machine.
I really think this machine is tops in it's class range. Would love to see the pics.

/ 1531 diff lock location #29  
Congrats on your new tractor. I looked at the 1531 and liked it alot. Nice platform and perfect size for me. Any negatives? The diff lock handle felt like it kept hitting me in the back of my right calf. The dealer said the lever is hand operated because of the hydro, your right foot is occupied on the pedal. I wanted to take one for a ride in the dealer's yard but he wouldn't let me because of insurance reasons. What town was your dealer.

/ 1531 diff lock location #30  
He wouldn't let you drive it? Wow, well you can drive to different dealer and when you make the deal go back to him and let him know that other dealer had to have better Ins, because he let you drive your new tractor in his lot.