SteveM70

Silver Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson GC1720
Ummm......I think your last sentence may be a typo:laughing:

/ 1531 massey ferguson compact tractor revie5 #2  
Ya think.. 🙄

/ 1531 massey ferguson compact tractor revie5 #4  
Yes what he meant to say he said in "MANY" other threads he was so pissed off with his POS Massey Furguson that he screwed the last line of that one up, his cut and paste wasn't working, used it to many times, it's plum wore out..

/ 1531 massey ferguson compact tractor revie5
If what he said is true then his MF is a POS! 1500 hours on any farm shouldn't amount to the damage and repair bills he described. He has payed for the tractor twice in the 1500 hours he owned it and it should have easily lasted twice as long before any major repairs. Many folks have a similar sized tractor to help out around there farm without such troubles so don't try to tell me that he bought to small!

That being said, brand bashing is about as laughable as brand loyalists. Do your homework and know when to cut ties.

/ 1531 massey ferguson compact tractor revie5 #6  
No doubt, 1500 hours should be without major problems.

I had a NH TC45DA that I had more problems with than I could bare with 700 hours, I used it for pulling a hay rake, Tedder, a 5ft bush hog and snow removal, light work IMO, I believe I got a bad one because there are many NH tractors around doing what I was doing with mine reliably. Bad ones do come along, all you can do is pray you don't buy one.