1532 Oil Filter Issue

/ 1532 Oil Filter Issue #1  

jwillett

Silver Member
Tractor
MF 1532
Went to change the oil for the 50 hr. service today. I had picked up an oil filter from the dealer (part # 72201898) yesterday. Got the old filter off with no problems but when I went to install the new filter I found that the threads were different and it would not go on. The factory filter is a Denso 115010-5240 and has IsekI # 6213-240-002-1. I called the dealer but being Saturday they had closed at 12:00 but I did get my salesman on his cell. I called him to see if he had heard of this problem and he had not but said he would get to the bottom of this. He ask if I had messed up the old filter and I told him that I did not and he told me to put it back on to get the tractor back into the shed. Anyone here run into this problem. I do have the wix cross refference number and the NAPA number but they match the new filter I have.

Jim

/ 1532 Oil Filter Issue #2  
That filter should be the one. (72201898) Maybe just that filter was messed up? Sure you got the filter lined up right?

/ 1532 Oil Filter Issue
Brought the filter back from the farm and into work yesterday for inspection. I went to the inspection department and got a 3/4-16 thread gage and checked the filter. The go gage would not go in but about one turn and after further inspection found the threads had a bad place in them. I cleaned up the threads and now the gage goes in fine. I also went to NAPA and got a 1360 NAPA gold and everything checked out fine on it. The AGCO filter and the NAPA are the same filters down to the yellow mark on the side of the seal and 3/4 stamp on the base. These things happen from time to time; even the wrong base gets mixed in with a batch of filter parts on the line. The reason I wanted to get to the bottom of this is I run the R&D lab for a filter company. That's why I knew to stop when I felt the filter get tight on the threads, if I had went ahead and tightened up the filter small bits of metal would of come off and could of gotten into the engine. I got some metal off when I cleaned the threads and used a magnet to clean out the filter. I still will not use this filter because of that; not sure I got it all out. So that is what I found and hope it helps someone else out in the future.

/ 1532 Oil Filter Issue #4  
Okay, doesn't the oil enter thru the pipe or screw connection and exit out the small holes in the top and back to the engine?Ie, small metal particles would be caught by the filter media, unless the bypass valve allowed flow? But, yes for the price of a spin-off filter "Is it worth the chance" ,some may have fallen into the smaller holes? Takers? Jy.

/ 1532 Oil Filter Issue #5  
The reason I wanted to get to the bottom of this is I run the R&D lab for a filter company. .

Well, that's just not fair. You even got paid to see why it didn't work.

/ 1532 Oil Filter Issue
Well, that's just not fair. You even got paid to see why it didn't work.

LOL Almost; did it at lunch. :D

The really bad thing about this problem is it cut into my deer hunting time while down at the farm. I got some pay back to hand out as the deer got everthing in the garden this year, I mean everthing.

Jim

/ 1532 Oil Filter Issue
Okay, doesn't the oil enter thru the pipe or screw connection and exit out the small holes in the top and back to the engine?Ie, small metal particles would be caught by the filter media, unless the bypass valve allowed flow? But, yes for the price of a spin-off filter "Is it worth the chance" ,some may have fallen into the smaller holes? Takers? Jy.

The oil enters the small holes around the center threaded hole and clean oil comes back out the center threaded hole. Check out the link.

All About Oil Filters