1533/1635 Power Beyond

/ 1533/1635 Power Beyond #1  

aledobud

Bronze Member
Tractor
Mahindra 1533HST
I have a third function valve I want to use for a grapple and need to buy hose to reroute the power beyond. Does anyone know for sure what type and size fittings are on the hose ends for the hose coming out of the power beyond port on the loader valve? I also want to get a confirmation that I have identified the power beyond port.
I believe it is the one with the "T" stamp and it has the hose attached, not the pipe.

I have a picture of what I think is the power beyond port and a copy of the parts catalog with the hose in question.

Thanks
Bud Trussell

Attachments

• 1533LoaderValve.JPG
    1533LoaderValve.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 611
  • 1533PowerBeyondHose.JPG
    1533PowerBeyondHose.JPG
    18.8 KB · Views: 1,123
   / 1533/1635 Power Beyond
Thanks, I'll do that if I can't find out for sure. I didn't want to take the hose off and leave it off for long. I'm not experienced working on hydraulics. Being that the loader valve is maybe the low point in the plumbing, is oil going to flow/drip continuously until it drains everything above it? I could plug it, but still need to know what fitting to use.

/ 1533/1635 Power Beyond #4  
Shove a golf tee in it.

/ 1533/1635 Power Beyond #5  
P is for power beyond T is for tank or the return , backwards is bad

/ 1533/1635 Power Beyond
This is a little confusing. On this valve, the port stamped P is going into the valve from the pump. If you look at the description in the parts manual, the line coming out of the T port says pressure and the one next to it(which doesn't have a stamp I can find) says return. Also, in the video above, it was the T port he was calling the power beyond. I don't want to do this wrong, though, so I will contact the dealer and make sure.

/ 1533/1635 Power Beyond #8  
I know the video setup works.....

/ 1533/1635 Power Beyond
I finally got the third function kit installed and hooked up to the grapple. Other than a couple of leaks I had to fix, all seems to be working fine. The one thing I was a little surprised about, was how much the hydraulic hoses flex or "jump" when you activate the third function. I guess it makes sense. It's a sudden redirect of flow. The two lines to the grapple flex, as does the hose coming out of the valve to the downstream power beyond pipe. I can't see the power beyond hose going into the valve, but I assume it is flexing too. Will all of that flexing shorten the life of the hoses? I am most concerned about the power beyond hoses. Either of those would be a pretty bad failure, since they are always under pressure.