1533 hydraulic fluid change

/ 1533 hydraulic fluid change
Thanks for the info. Sorry to ask such dumb question... Where are all the drain plugs located? I found the 2 engine oil drain plugs under the engine oil pan and done with the engine oil change. Are the hydraulic drain plus in the rear of the tractor?

6241072m1, that's the big spin on under the right side footstep. 3608996m91 is the smaller spin on under the left footstep. The small one is for hydro drivetractors, the large one is the same for all 1533 & 1540's except the ones made about 2008 and up. those are a different number but look the same. Easy way to tell is if the magnet is on the rim of the filter, you need the newer version filter.
$150 is a little steep in my book, they should run a little over $100 plus freight.
Oh, there are 2 more drain plugs on the outer planeteries that hold about a quart a piece, be sure to drain those. They refill common with the rest.

/ 1533 hydraulic fluid change #12  
The drain plugs for the hydraulic oil are on the underside of the differential housing. My 1533 syncro shuttle took almost 10 gallons to get to the middle of the site glass. One other thing to keep in mind is that you may have to open the bleeder valves on the top of the pump in order to get the hydraulics to work after refilling the hydraulic oil. Mine was air locked after refilling and the bleeder valves had to be opened to get things flowing.

/ 1533 hydraulic fluid change #13  
What Gilford said and some more. Looking at the side of the tractor, the rear pump is where you'll need to bleed. The front one is the power steering.

Also check the O-rings on your drain plugs. Mine will have to be changed on the next fluid change. I don't know if I pinched them putting them back on the first time or if that's just what they do, but they weren't in good shape. I didn't have any replacements and had to get back running.

/ 1533 hydraulic fluid change #14  
You shouldn't have to bleed the system unless it's a STD shuttle. The drain plug for the main system is underneath by the backside of the drawbar. The diff plugs are on the lowermost part of the housing. 14mm wrench for the diff and a 22mm for the main plug. No O-rings on the transmission plugs.

/ 1533 hydraulic fluid change #16  
FWD drive shaft runs through the bottom of the oil pan, not really through it but under it and there's a bubble. It lets you get that extra little bit. Just the larger compacts have it.

/ 1533 hydraulic fluid change #17  
Ok, So I was running low (like 5 Gal on my 1533) and when I changed my oil, I drained on the main tranny drain in the back center. Didn't know about the two on the rear axle - I have constantly keep having issues getting the damn fluid to the glass. I am right at ~9.2 gallons and no oil in glass. It has overflowed before. Just in case, I checked my vent, it was clogged it dirt, of course. That would be the reason I get getting a spray of hydraulic fluid when filling of hydraulic fluid. Fixed the breather and that went away. Now, how do I get the stinking think to glass? If my front Steering cylinder is leaking a bit, would that area take more? I don't see any mechanical reason why the fluid wouldn't show up in the glass. I watched it when I filled to make sure I am not seeing it and its actually full. Also, no tint to the window indicating fluid.

/ 1533 hydraulic fluid change #18  
Question, do you check the oil level in the site glass on a 1533 with the engine running or turned off?

/ 1533 hydraulic fluid change #19  
Do you check the oil on a 1533 synchro shuttle with the engine running or turned off?