1533 or 1540 "Power Shuttle" owners...

/ 1533 or 1540 "Power Shuttle" owners... #1  

MrSteve

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere 2025R
1533 or 1540 \"Power Shuttle\" owners...

I was wondering if someone with a 1533 or 1540 Power Shuttle trans could take a picture of you "crank" adjustment (right to left level) of the 3 point hitch for me and post it here. I would like to upgrade my tractor with that adjustment and I am not sure if all the other pieces are the same as my 3pt system. In other words will it fit? Thanks

/ 1533 or 1540 "Power Shuttle" owners... #2  
Re: 1533 or 1540 \"Power Shuttle\" owners...

Mornin Steve,
Are you talking about the leveling adjustment crank on the right 3pt arm? Thats pretty standard if Im understanding you correctly /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

scotty

/ 1533 or 1540 "Power Shuttle" owners...

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Mornin Steve,
Are you talking about the leveling adjustment crank on the right 3pt arm? Thats pretty standard if Im understanding you correctly /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

scotty )</font>

Yes that's it... My tractor comes with the lock nut/turn type adjustment, pain in the butt.

I thought it would be a part that would fit on most tractors my size, just wanted to make sure. I could go to my dealer and check, he always has both type trans in stock.

It would really be nice for Massey (AGCO) to add this simple upgrade adjustment to ALL trans models. I am sure my poor tractor gets pick on at the factory by the other tractors.

/ 1533 or 1540 "Power Shuttle" owners... #4  

It will fit, but by the time you buy all of the parts it will be very expensive. It would be less expensive to by a hydraulic side link from Mark Carter. I am sure that would be right, but I will try to find some prices.

/ 1533 or 1540 "Power Shuttle" owners... #5  

I think that the one for the 1433 and 1440 is the same. If it is then the small gear box with the crank sells for $274.94 and that is 10-20% off list. You would then have to buy the other attaching parts. It wouldn't supprise me if all of it was around $350.

Yes the 1533 and 1540 (you did mean 1500, not 1400 or doesn't that matter?) are the same (less turbo)... Wow I thought maybe $150 or so. About the attaching parts, that is why I would of liked to see a pic, I was thinking that some could stay, maybe.

I haven't looked, but could you point me to "hydraulic side link" you are talking about? Also wouldn't I have to have some hydraulics piped for that? If new hydraulics is the case, wouldn't I be close to crank cost? But again I would have a hydro adjustment.

EDIT... I found Carters site I am checking it out now.

/ 1533 or 1540 "Power Shuttle" owners... #7  

Steve,
I knew those darn things were expensive but I didnt realize they were as much as Jerry quoted. I will try and attach a photo of mine. My neighbor up the road has one of those green tractors /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif and managed to bend the screw to the point that the darn thing wouldnt crank. I took it all apart for him and straightened the screw out. He was happy /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif You may have to go to the photo section to blow it up to get a better view.

scotty MF1040

/ 1533 or 1540 "Power Shuttle" owners... #8  

I don't have the parts books for the 1500s, so I looked up the price for a 1433/1440. They may not be the same, but they appear to be.
Yes, you would have to have a control valve. I thought that you did. If you had to put a valve on, it would be cheaper to just the crank assemble.

Thanks Jerry... No control valve on my unit (man another thing I missed out on). Also looking at the books that come with the unit, NOTHING looks the same on that side (just drawings in the book, so hard to tell). Well I guess for $350+ I will just keep two wrenches (one for the nut and one to hold the "T") on the tractor and use what I have. I can't get over the cost of that crank, wow again.

Thanks Scott... Is the pic you are talking about next to your name above? Or you still have to take one? The reason I ask is because that pic isn't the right one, I am just assuming that is a pic in your sig.

/ 1533 or 1540 "Power Shuttle" owners... #10  

Steve,
They have some gear boxes at TSC or any tractor supply place. They are for Fords and older Fergusons, but they might match up. They have changed very little over the years. You might get by just buy the attachment at the top and the bottom yoke. BTW, they are a LOT cheaper.