16' or 18' trailer for my B7800

/ 16' or 18' trailer for my B7800
That's exactly why I opted or the 9760 GVW trailer...I might want to go to a bigger tractor and I'm all set up.. Don't like pushin the limits...

My trailer weighs 2300 lbs. That gives me a good 7000 lbs of tractor weight..
I am guessing my tractor is weighing about 4 thousand with loader and mower.
Box scraper is around 480lbs.

/ 16' or 18' trailer for my B7800 #32  
crk133, can you explain what a weight distributing hitch is?

/ 16' or 18' trailer for my B7800 #33  
john_bud said:
kbota,

Have you put a tape on the trailer deck and it's for real 16'? It looks like 12' or 14' to me. It looks like you would have to move the tractor back about 1 foot if you put the bucket down flat. Right or optical delusion? I have a L3410 with the same loader and a bigger cutter, so I've seen that set up a lot!

Do you have any fluid in the rear tires? The older Grand L weights were, I think, without the weight of the tires. Actual weight is closer to 3200 than the listed 2800. Loader with sub-frame and bucket adds about 1200#. Tire fill adds about 600#.

You may be tipping the far end of the scale. Might want to invest $20 and run it across a certified scale at a truck stop. It's a lot cheaper than getting a ticket, having to unload and leave stuff by the side of the road.

jb

The trailer is definitely 16' with two 3500 lb axles. Trailer tires are each rated at 1900 lbs at 35 psig. No fluid in tractor tires. I'm definitely at the upper end of the trailer load rating. I'm tempted to remove the 3500 lb axles and install 5000 lb axles. Just so expensive to replace axles, brakes, wheels and tires. So far, it's holding up okay. When I pull the trailer loaded like in the pictures, I keep the speed down to 60 or less, and watch the trailer tire pressure carefully. You're suggestion to get it weighed is a good one. I'll look for a scale.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts.

k