Tires 1610D Tires

/ 1610D Tires #11  
The 8.3-22 rice tires are available via Firestone. If I were you with a 2wd and wanting turfs, I would have Hey Wheel build some wide rims that would fit a common size turf tire. It would look cool as well. Generally when you switch from ag tires to turf or to R4s you have to change rims.

/ 1610D Tires #12  
I have 9.5-22 Turfs on my YM1700 and a set of 8.3/8-24 Rice tires for snow mounted on separate rims. Just change them out when needed.

Jerry

/ 1610D Tires #13  
I talked to my dealer today about turf tires. He told me they were available but they required the present rear rims be modifed by widening them. He told me he had a company available to widen my rims to accept wider turfs but that the total for rims and tires (rears only) would run about $600.

No wonder few people pursue this option.

Gary

/ 1610D Tires #14  
The tires are not cheap by any means........but the rice tires are already mounted, so have new rims made to accept the turfs. It may be a good selling feature to have both if you ever decide to sell. It was for me, when I bought mine. "2 SETS OF TIRES??? Sure, you gotta deal"

/ 1610D Tires #15  
Like the inspector says. You can have both sets for that price.
Hey Wheel can make you new rims cheap enough to get by for $600 or less.

/ 1610D Tires #16  
Anyone know the web site for Hey Wheel? thanks , bw

/ 1610D Tires #18  
Will the diamond tread tires at tiretown.com make good turf tires? Are they rounded or do they have flat surface for ground contact? Are they made for powered wheels or just for trailer wheels? The price is very tempting...

/ 1610D Tires #19  
I have diamond tread on my Mitsubishi . They are kind of round but have very good traction on grass and, with chains, good traction on snow .For a "wider flatter " foot print , let a little air out .

/ 1610D Tires #20  
My turfs are called ANS by Firestone, but the tread matches the diamonds I have seen.