1610D with Koyker 110: FEL bucket almost inop unless 3 point is in "UP" position.

/ 1610D with Koyker 110: FEL bucket almost inop unless 3 point is in "UP" position. #1  

Henhouse1

Bronze Member
Tractor
YanMar YM1610D
FEL "Lift" has been getting slower and slower over months. Was almost completely inoperative until I discovered that if the 3 point is in up position, the FEL lifts normally. The curl is normal regardless of 3 point position. Hydro fluid is in great shape and at the top of the dipstick.

/ 1610D with Koyker 110: FEL bucket almost inop unless 3 point is in "UP" position. #2  
   / 1610D with Koyker 110: FEL bucket almost inop unless 3 point is in "UP" position. #3  
That link didn't work for me. I get some security BS.

Will your 3PH hold a rotary cutter or other heavy implement just off the ground without pulsing? If not, could be worn piston seals/cylinder.

Does your tractor have draft control? Make sure pin and lever are in the correct position.

/ 1610D with Koyker 110: FEL bucket almost inop unless 3 point is in "UP" position.
I am assuming it all worked as suppose to a few months back? Fluid in great shape includes clean suction strainer? Is it plumbed like this? Yanmar Tractor Loader Install Instructions
Yes, I've had it unchanged for 10 years and has always worked flawlessly. Had to have curl cylinders rebuilt 2 years ago, but that is all. Seems like something is bypassing pressure when the 3 point is down. 3 point works normally although will not hold hold in UP position at idle.

/ 1610D with Koyker 110: FEL bucket almost inop unless 3 point is in "UP" position.
That link didn't work for me. I get some security BS.

Will your 3PH hold a rotary cutter or other heavy implement just off the ground without pulsing? If not, could be worn piston seals/cylinder.

Does your tractor have draft control? Make sure pin and lever are in the correct position.
Not sure what exactly "draft control" is? Have to be above idle a good bit to hold bush hog in UP position. It will lower to the ground at idle. Holds UP position fine at working RPM.

/ 1610D with Koyker 110: FEL bucket almost inop unless 3 point is in "UP" position. #6  
Try this. Raise your bush hog all the way up, kill tractor, close stop valve. Will it go down or stay up?

/ 1610D with Koyker 110: FEL bucket almost inop unless 3 point is in "UP" position. #7  
You have the HHV.451 control valve. Same as my YM2000. I had problems with it sticking and would not close all the way. Cleaned the valve up and linkage and it been working fine ever since. Way over a decade.

You have the HHV.451 control valve. Same as my YM2000. I had problems with it sticking and would not close all the way. Cleaned the valve up and linkage and it been working fine ever since. Way over a decade.
The HHV.451 is 2 lever control valve?
Try this. Raise your bush hog all the way up, kill tractor, close stop valve. Will it go down or stay up?
Will check tomorrow. Funny thing started today while pushing a pile of brush: When pushing the bucket lift control to drop the FEL, it will go beyond normal travel and actually start making the FEL go UP. Release to normal down position and it drops.

/ 1610D with Koyker 110: FEL bucket almost inop unless 3 point is in "UP" position. #9  
Sounds like you may be having a loader valve problem.

/ 1610D with Koyker 110: FEL bucket almost inop unless 3 point is in "UP" position. #10  
Hoye and Fredricks show this one to be for a 1610. 2 Lever ? Single lever on the control. Up and down on the pin is all. Up is in and let it out Arms go down. There is a Relief setting on Mine to keep the arms going to high. At the L. side of the fender. Mine is like this one HYD VALVE There is a Adj that regulates the fluid. See if it is been moved Mines Straight up to the pick is a little off from that.