1635 Hst. Dropped nozzle in fuel tank.

/ 1635 Hst. Dropped nozzle in fuel tank. #1  

Epoxe

Tractor
Mahindra 1635 HST
I'm a lunkhead and dropped my California compliant diesel can nozzle down into my fuel tank when the dang thing fell apart. (Thanks california!)

Anyways now I have a plastic piece that I need to retrieve from my fuel tank which seems to be up under the dash? Anyone got a diagram for what I need to tear into to remove the fuel tank? Doesn't seem to be an easy way to get to it.

Thanks in advance!
Rob

/ 1635 Hst. Dropped nozzle in fuel tank. #2  
Before tearing things apart I'd try fishing. I don't know the shape of the piece you dropped into the tank but if you can see it using a flashlight from the fill port you may be able to grab it with mechanical fingers. You could also try bending a hook on a piece of stiff wire. If it's steel (not likely any more) you might even snag it with a magnet.

/ 1635 Hst. Dropped nozzle in fuel tank.
Before tearing things apart I'd try fishing. I don't know the shape of the piece you dropped into the tank but if you can see it using a flashlight from the fill port you may be able to grab it with mechanical fingers. You could also try bending a hook on a piece of stiff wire. If it's steel (not likely any more) you might even snag it with a magnet.
Brother I would have tried that if I could see anything... the tank and inflow are positioned such that it's not really an option... and sadly it's plastic like the rest of this Chinese junk. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

/ 1635 Hst. Dropped nozzle in fuel tank. #4  
Don't despair yet... Get some wire, bend a hook into it, get a grabber of some sort, long the better. Use the wire with hook to fish around and locate the nozzle. Then use the grabber to extract the nozzle when located and (hopefully) brought closer to tank opening.

Counter intuitive... A full tank is easier since the nozzle weight is reduced by the fuel displaced.

/ 1635 Hst. Dropped nozzle in fuel tank. #5  
When all the "fishing" fails and before you rip into the tractor to remove the tank.

FORGET about the nozzle. It's not hurting one little thing - down there at the bottom of your fuel tank.

Just buy a new nozzle and move on........

/ 1635 Hst. Dropped nozzle in fuel tank. #6  
when i first got my tractor - damn heavy 5 gal diesel jug slipped and knocked the filter screnn into the tank - bugged the hell out of me. tried fishing it out and kept hitting the wire fuel gauge thingie in there. a friend of mine picked up some auto finger grabbers - still nothing. and the tank is so black inside the light source gets swallowed up. can't see - ****. years later - so far all is well and i moved on. sucks but forget about it.

/ 1635 Hst. Dropped nozzle in fuel tank. #7  
I dropped on into my tank 8 years ago. Its still there. Cant find it. Doesnt hurt anything.

/ 1635 Hst. Dropped nozzle in fuel tank. #8  
When all the "fishing" fails and before you rip into the tractor to remove the tank.

FORGET about the nozzle. It's not hurting one little thing - down there at the bottom of your fuel tank.

Just buy a new nozzle and move on........
when i first got my tractor - damn heavy 5 gal diesel jug slipped and knocked the filter screnn into the tank - bugged the hell out of me. tried fishing it out and kept hitting the wire fuel gauge thingie in there. a friend of mine picked up some auto finger grabbers - still nothing. and the tank is so black inside the light source gets swallowed up. can't see - ****. years later - so far all is well and i moved on. sucks but forget about it.
I dropped on into my tank 8 years ago. Its still there. Cant find it. Doesnt hurt anything.
What they said

/ 1635 Hst. Dropped nozzle in fuel tank. #9  
actually the top of the fuel cn spiggot was included. i put it on and off due to under trees and keeping stuff out of tt and just mental fatigue i tried to fill without removing the top - the weight of the can made my grip slip and that also knocked the tank filter screen into it too. so i had double trouble so to speak!

still feel like a real dummy to this day!