1643 battery suggestions

/ 1643 battery suggestions #1  

browny

Silver Member
Tractor
MF 1643
My 2011 MF1643 still has the original battery and I am sure it is on borrowed time. What do you guys suggest for a battery replacement?
There is a Delkor in it now.
Thanks

/ 1643 battery suggestions #2  
Whenever I have to put a new battery in, I just find the one with the highest cca’s in that battery size. Since your battery has lasted so long, I’d stick with the same brand.

I think the battery in my 2007 MF1540 is still original; don’t recall it ever dying on me at least

/ 1643 battery suggestions #3  
My original Delkor is still in our 2005, MF 1540.
Won't replace it until I notice a decline in performance.
Will definitely replace it with the same.

/ 1643 battery suggestions #4  
Batteries today are no the quality of years ago, hard to find a battery with more than 36 month warranty.... Stay away from FLAPS house brands...

My go to for heavy applications (like with winching on Jeep) is a biggest Odyssey AGM that will fit in battery box....

ODYSSEY Battery - Official Manufacturer's Site

Twice I pulled it down to where it killed engine when ECU was starved for voltage (around 8 volts on voltmeter) and let set for about 15-20 minutes and it bounced back enough to start Jeep, and twice more "the other driver" left lights on and it was down so low it would not do anything and it bounced back with decent 12 hour charge....

Only battery I have seen that came with "owners manual"....

Dale

/ 1643 battery suggestions
The original battery has been flawless for me. My tractor sits in an unheated garage and it fired right up today and it has been months since I have used the tractor. Looks like I should keep running with the original battery until it craps out. I'm not sure if I could get/find another Delkor battery if I had to.

/ 1643 battery suggestions #6  
The original battery has been flawless for me. My tractor sits in an unheated garage and it fired right up today and it has been months since I have used the tractor. Looks like I should keep running with the original battery until it craps out. I'm not sure if I could get/find another Delkor battery if I had to.

Delkor battery - Google Search

Dale

/ 1643 battery suggestions
I was using my phone, that might be the problem.

/ 1643 battery suggestions #10  
My 2011 MF1643 still has the original battery and I am sure it is on borrowed time. What do you guys suggest for a battery replacement?
There is a Delkor in it now.
Thanks
Delkor batteries are amazing! I've seen one that is 15 years old before I replaced it. Most average around 10 years.

I think it has something to do with it being a calcium battery. Other than that, I'm not sure. I'm not a battery expert.