1660 Power shuttle jerk

/ 1660 Power shuttle jerk #1  

hamdog

Bronze Member
I just received delivery of a 2009 1660 with 123hrs and the power shuttle transmission. The other day when I was playing around with it, 40F and idle conditions the tractor would jerk when shifting from forward to reverse. It also does so when you slowly let out clutch.

When I test drove the tractor it was smooth as butter and non of these symptoms occurred. But the dealership supposedly serviced the tractor before delivering- hydraulic oil and filter, engine oil and filter, air filter, fuel filter etc.

What are your thoughts of the potential possibilities that could be causing this? Thank you!

/ 1660 Power shuttle jerk #2  
   / 1660 Power shuttle jerk
I do not have an owners manual I will try to see if I can get one.

I was using it today and as the tractor warmed up it seemed like the jerk slowly disappeared.

/ 1660 Power shuttle jerk #4  
Maybe a wire or connector is loose on one of the solenoids.

/ 1660 Power shuttle jerk #5  
Trash in the reducing valve will do it every time too.

/ 1660 Power shuttle jerk #6  
The type of fluid used will have a major impact on how those wet clutches behave.
As well as some changes with temperature.

/ 1660 Power shuttle jerk
Thanks guys I will look into all these. A massey realer serviced it so I assume they used approved agco products.

Also do you guys know if the DL130 loader valve can curl and lift/lower at the same time? I put about an hr of loader work on it this wknd and loader valve was slow and did allow to curl and lift/lower at once. Thanks!

/ 1660 Power shuttle jerk #8  
That dual action on the valve is accomplished by slight of hand

/ 1660 Power shuttle jerk #9  
The type of fluid used will have a major impact on how those wet clutches behave.
As well as some changes with temperature.

As your problem has been at lower temps, I suspect inferior or improper Hydraulic Fluid.

Cheap Hydraulic Fluid is based on cheap oil and minimal performance additives.

How certain are you a M-F dealer serviced the tractor?

/ 1660 Power shuttle jerk #10  
Jeffy,

You repeated the exact analysis provided by Lou, NY. Do you have any ownership experience with hydraulic shuttle transmissions ??