1705 carry all

/ 1705 carry all #11  
Edgarrian

Thanks for the info.
I'm not keen on modifying, but will probably try as is and see if I have enough ground clearance for my needs.
The closest 3 TSC stores are out of them so I'll have to order it online or range farther to pick it up in a store.

/ 1705 carry all
yea no problem the other guys pictures were helpful. Ill have to check my tsc store when i fly back from work.

Edgarrian

Thanks for the info.
I'm not keen on modifying, but will probably try as is and see if I have enough ground clearance for my needs.
The closest 3 TSC stores are out of them so I'll have to order it online or range farther to pick it up in a store.

/ 1705 carry all #13  
I saw someone sells a 3ph ballast bo, but 2x$$ of county line/KingKutter CA.

I was thinking I would build a wooden box for the CA, to carry other stuff .

/ 1705 carry all
yea much cheaper alternative for ballast plus you can have other uses for this as well.

I saw someone sells a 3ph ballast bo, but 2x$$ of county line/KingKutter CA.

I was thinking I would build a wooden box for the CA, to carry other stuff .

/ 1705 carry all #15  
I ended up getting the one from TSC.
Easier to modify than KK CA.
Put a pair of new holes 6" below original lower ones and now it lifts to 14" above ground.
It was easy enough to put new holes in, with a magnetic base drill I borrowed from work & 7/8" drill bit.
It wouldn't have been too hard to do on my drillpress at home but...

I'll attach boards & strap sandbags on for ballast.
Then I'll probably build on a detachable box in the spring.

Last edited:
   / 1705 carry all
14" above by moving the holes 6 inches. thanks for the info. I have my gift cards ready just need to get to the store.

I ended up getting the one from TSC.
Easier to modify than KK CA.
Put a pair of new holes 6" below original lower ones and now it lifts to 14" above ground.
It was easy enough to put new holes in, with a magnetic base drill I borrowed from work & 7/8" drill bit.
It wouldn't have been too hard to do on my drillpress at home but...

I'll attach boards & strap sandbags on for ballast.
Then I'll probably build on a detachable box in the spring.

/ 1705 carry all #17  
So Karondm, you got one of those County Line carryalls? What did you do --or did you-- lower the top link connection to gain your ground clearance? (Or is that even necessary?)

/ 1705 carry all #18  
Irvingj
Yes, I did get the County Line one.
I put new holes in, 6 inches lower, but did not change the top link.
That makes the carryall tip up as I lift it, which is ok for my winer use as ballast rack.

I will consider adding a lowered top link connection in the summer if I need the unit to stay closer to level.
But, that means I would have to add a lower top cross bar to do that.
Adding a lower top link connection means bringing the carryall back to work for more new holes on the uprights and i think I've already carried it around in my open trunk enough for one winter!