1710 3pt hitch problem

/ 1710 3pt hitch problem #1  

Agrantina

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L3240 GST
I was out at my buddies farm yesterday afternoon and we notice that his 3pt hitch would leak down as soon as we turned the tractor off. It wouldnt take more than a few seconds before what ever attachment we had on the hitch to slowly go to the ground. It got dark before we could look at it but we didnt find any leaks.. What would be the causes and what should I look for???

AndyG

/ 1710 3pt hitch problem #2  
I was out at my buddies farm yesterday afternoon and we notice that his 3pt hitch would leak down as soon as we turned the tractor off. It wouldnt take more than a few seconds before what ever attachment we had on the hitch to slowly go to the ground. It got dark before we could look at it but we didnt find any leaks.. What would be the causes and what should I look for???

AndyG

Andy,

The most likely cause is the lift piston seal. I take it as soon as tractor is turned back on the 3 point will rise, right? There is a rate of drop knob under the seat. The passage thru that and a second "ball checked passage" also returns the hyd fluid back to diffy via spool valve. 9 times out of 10 if you close the rate of return knob (clock wise rotation), start the tractor, raise the 3 point and if the seal is faulty the 3 point will drop. There is an additional shock relief port that might cause the leak down which is highly unlikely. The repair is simple and will cost you around $10 and one hr of wrenching. The link below might be helpful for your to diagnose the problem.

JC,

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/new-holland-owning-operating/90819-my-f-1700-testing-my.html

/ 1710 3pt hitch problem
Now that is service-- Thanks JC...

AndyG

/ 1710 3pt hitch problem
Andy,

The most likely cause is the lift piston seal. I take it as soon as tractor is turned back on the 3 point will rise, right? There is a rate of drop knob under the seat. The passage thru that and a second "ball checked passage" also returns the hyd fluid back to diffy via spool valve. 9 times out of 10 if you close the rate of return knob (clock wise rotation), start the tractor, raise the 3 point and if the seal is faulty the 3 point will drop. There is an additional shock relief port that might cause the leak down which is highly unlikely. The repair is simple and will cost you around $10 and one hr of wrenching. The link below might be helpful for your to diagnose the problem.

JC,

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/new-holland-owning-operating/90819-my-f-1700-testing-my.html

Oh- Yes as soon as the tractor starts back up everything works fine...

AndyG

/ 1710 3pt hitch problem #5  
Now that is service-- Thanks JC...

AndyG

Now let's not jump the gun too quickly:D:D. I trust you'll find your solution somewhere in the link provided and previous recommendation. Post back if you have any questions:).

JC,

/ 1710 3pt hitch problem
Thanks and I will- Just glad someone gave me a place to start!...

AndyG

/ 1710 3pt hitch problem #7  
Mine leaks down too. Thing is I don't need it in the up position if the tractor ain't running. Been like that since I bought the tractor.

Russell

/ 1710 3pt hitch problem #8  
Mine leaks down too. Thing is I don't need it in the up position if the tractor ain't running. Been like that since I bought the tractor.

Russell

Wow Russell , I'm surprised:D. With your mechanical aptitude and that does not bother you !!:confused::confused: if the engine dies and can not get it running, then at least I can tow the tractor up in neutral to the barn. With 800 lb tiller dragging on the ground make it a bit difficult, wouldn't you say?

JC,

/ 1710 3pt hitch problem #9  
I am lookin for some better information on adjusting my values on a 3 cly diesel Ford 1710. All my book says is .008 TDC both values.
Do I have a firing order? Should I pull the injector to ensure it is at TDC. Once I adjust the #1 which one is next.? Looking for a little more informate si I can adjust my values thanks Leonard