1723 Loader Valve Float Detent

/ 1723 Loader Valve Float Detent #1  

PJMc

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 1723e
The loader on my 1723e pops out of float constantly. It's done this since new--I thought it was maybe normal for it to jump out occasionally, but it's gotten worse lately (190 hours on it). It's generally not a problem but this winter I've got a front mounted snowblower which will be much easier to run in float.
Is this a common problem with these? I probably will have to wait until spring to get it to the dealer to replace the valve. Or, has anyone replaced the valve at home?

/ 1723 Loader Valve Float Detent #2  
I've had mine pop out when pushing snow with my bucket, but only when going fast over my bumpy yard, I need to keep my hand on it when I'm doing that. Usually it's not a problem. If you're on a smooth surface and it keeps popping out I'd say there is something wrong with the valve.

Can't help with the replacement questions. Not something I'd do myself.

/ 1723 Loader Valve Float Detent #3  
Contact your dealer - there is a bulletin with a kit to increase the effort required move the lever out of float.

/ 1723 Loader Valve Float Detent #5  
My 2310 still does that and always has. I've taken it apart, cleaned & greased it.. and it still pops out. I just drive it with my right hand on it all the time when blowing snow. I've found that's very easy to get used to.

/ 1723 Loader Valve Float Detent #6  
Like I said, I noticed that mine will pop out when I go over a bump in my yard to fast, but when I'm pushing show with my bucket my hand is always on the stick anyway so it's not usually a big deal.

I looked for more information on this when it was asked and gathered it up in case it does become problem.

/ 1723 Loader Valve Float Detent
Thanks everyone. Some good info here.