1735M owners ?

/ 1735M owners ? #1  

Corkpuller

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere
Kickin tires in the 35-40hp range.
From reading and a couple videos I've seen, I'm liking the MF 1735M.
Anyone here own one, and what are your thoughts?

No cab for me.
No snow removal operations for me.

I've got 9 acres of heavy timber, 2 will be clear cut for home site. Once a lawn is established, "lawn" mowing will be done with a lawn tractor.
A lot of loader and grapple work.
Rotary mowing/hacking/chopping underbrush.

One thing that concerns me is the fuel tank location. I'll be operating in the woods. Heard of anyone jabbing that sucker with a stick?
What about normal required maintenance costs, and how complicated are those tasks considered for the owner?

Thanks

/ 1735M owners ? #2  
I have the previous model 2015 MF1736 and I have no complaints. Make sure you get the dealer to change the speedometer from kmh to mph if you decide to buy one.

/ 1735M owners ? #3  
I’ve done all the fluid changes myself including all filters. Its all very simple and easy to access.

/ 1735M owners ? #4  
I really like my 1735M but only have about 30hrs on it, most all of it for snow removal. I will be getting a box blade and pallet forks for it soon. I love the fit and finish of the tractor. I haven't used the soft start PTO yet but it is a nice feature to have, along with cruise control and I call them the speed reaction controls for throttle response. I love the engine so far, started right up in cold weather. One of the main selling points for me was the engine has no regen, and you see a lot of people having regen issues which I didn't want to deal with. (I understand many of those issues are operator error of some sort). My Kubota has the most fluid movements for the loader, but the Massey is close behind after a little time with working the loader and bucket.

/ 1735M owners ?
Man i thought there would be more feedback on this tractor .

Can y誕ll tell me what other machines Massey is running this same Shibaura engine in?
The DOC engine.
Thanks

/ 1735M owners ? #7  

Can y誕ll tell me what other machines Massey is running this same Shibaura engine in?
The DOC engine.
Thanks

It is a new line for 2019, not many reviews on it yet. Go to Tractordata.com and you can research specs of all tractors. Other model 1700's such as 1739 has been using the Shibaura engines also. This engine is not new.

/ 1735M owners ? #8  

The DOC engine.
Thanks
The Shibaura engine is in the following

1700e series with turbo, regen, and cam lobe egr (exhaust gas recirculation) except 1726E with no emissions control; it's a naturally aspirated Shibaura.

The new 1700M series and 2700E series with turbo, common rail injection, cooled egr, and DOC (diesel oxidation catalyst)

/ 1735M owners ?
The Shibaura engine is in the following

The new 1700M series and 2700E series with turbo, common rail injection, cooled egr, and DOC (diesel oxidation catalyst)

:thumbsup:

Would you know if this is a first go for Shibaura for a DOC in this size Diesel?
Or, have they used the same engine in applications other than Agriculture or with other Manufacturers than Massey?

Really my goal is to find out if this is a first year for this exact engine.

Thanks

/ 1735M owners ? #10  

Would you know if this is a first go for Shibaura for a DOC in this size Diesel?
Or, have they used the same engine in applications other than Agriculture or with other Manufacturers than Massey?

Really my goal is to find out if this is a first year for this exact engine.

Thanks
Not a clue about other brands or models. I do know that our dealership has sold 4 or 5 of these new 1735M tractors and we haven't heard a peep out of anybody yet.

I take it that no news is usually good news.

The 2700E series has been out for a few years and we haven't had any real trouble out of them. I've seen one come back for regular service and it has around 900 trouble free hours so far.