1739E indicator lights

/ 1739E indicator lights #1  

vincec

Tractor
massey ferguson/1739E
I have a new to me 1739E the regen light comes on then after a few minutes the high exhaust temp light comes on. Is this part of the regen cycle or do I have a problem?

/ 1739E indicator lights #2  
I have a 1734E with about 230 hours on it. The high exhaust temp light will always come on when the regen happens because it is truly hotter. No problems, just part of the regen cycle. As soon as it completes both lights will go out. Just make sure you run it above 1800 rpm to keep the regen cycle in process.

Luke

/ 1739E indicator lights #3  
If you don't keep it above 1800 RPM there is an alarm that will sound, it's not documented in my owners manual so the first time it happened there was a bit of panic. Called the dealer and he came out to check on it, that was when we both learned about the 1800 RPM requirement.
It seems from what I read here on TBN that the Massey 17xxe series regenerates a lot more often than most other makes. It also seems to like to start its regen cycle about the time you are done for the day.:laughing:

/ 1739E indicator lights
Just want to thank both of you for your help

/ 1739E indicator lights #5  
If you don't keep it above 1800 RPM there is an alarm that will sound, it's not documented in my owners manual so the first time it happened there was a bit of panic. Called the dealer and he came out to check on it, that was when we both learned about the 1800 RPM requirement.
It seems from what I read here on TBN that the Massey 17xxe series regenerates a lot more often than most other makes. It also seems to like to start its regen cycle about the time you are done for the day.:laughing:

It does seem often, but to be honest I don't even notice it now. Most of the time I am working for longer than 30-40 min so the regen runs and I don't notice it. If it starts and you are done for the day, it will re-start then next time you work from my understanding. From what I can tell, mine runs maybe every 6-8 hours of operation if that.