1760m- looking to buy 1st tractor need help

/ 1760m- looking to buy 1st tractor need help #11  
I havent had the bucket on it since I bought it. It will be 100% grapple at least until I finish clearing

I will try working it hard in mid range tomorrow and post the results
Any updates on your weekend of heavy usage? Just curious...

/ 1760m- looking to buy 1st tractor need help #12  
I have the 2706E (same engine and trans). I only have 7 hours on it, but so far I haven't had any trouble with the hill. I don't use High range except for road travel, as the mid range is fast enough that I tend to bounce a bit on my land. Flail mowed tall grass uphill in mid range without trouble. High range takes a bit to get to speed if you just step on the forward full pressure off the bat. Most people get confused by Hydrostatic and treat it like a throttle in a car. If you start to load down you need to ease up and let the engine catch up. Only hold it down far enough until the engine starts to work then keep it there. Ease into the motion and you'll be happier with it. Also run at PTO speed when you are going to do any work and the tractor will be happier.

Shibaura makes the engines for the 2700E series and the new 1700M series. NH used Shibaura in their skidsteers for quite a while (not sure if they still do). I've had very good luck with my Shibaura powered NH skidsteers. I also like the lack of DPF, DEF, and regen. That is the main reason I went with the 2706E over the 1758. Price and availability also had something to do with it, but the emissions was the biggest factor. I wanted hydro without a cab so the 1760M was out of the picture.

/ 1760m- looking to buy 1st tractor need help #13  
I was in the same boat as you and ended up going with the 4707 and very happy with it. Here is a thread with some good info incase you have not found it yet. It has pricing info. You could try the dealer I got mine from and see if they can find a leftover 2018 to get the best price but it took awhile to find mine. If you do find a leftover it is not much of a price difference be the 1760m and the 4707 for twice the tractor.

Massey 1760M or 4707 or ? = Stuck newbie

/ 1760m- looking to buy 1st tractor need help #15  
I can’t spin the tires in mid range

Now that it's been a few months, what's your transmission doing when you use the loader? Is it stalling the tires at any engine rpm? Does it pull the engine down a little bit or does it just stop the tires when pushing into a pile of dirt?

I would love to see a video of the tractor from the seat at highway speeds to see how quiet it is and how it pulls along on road inclines if you have any.

/ 1760m- looking to buy 1st tractor need help #16  
Now that it's been a few months, what's your transmission doing when you use the loader? Is it stalling the tires at any engine rpm? Does it pull the engine down a little bit or does it just stop the tires when pushing into a pile of dirt?

I would love to see a video of the tractor from the seat at highway speeds to see how quiet it is and how it pulls along on road inclines if you have any.

I only have the 1735M but in mid range digging hard into a dirt pile I have stalled the engine. I just had to get used to it and make sure I am in snail mode. Kind of weird though because I can be in high range on my little Kubota bx25 and it will never stall on me.

Last edited:
   / 1760m- looking to buy 1st tractor need help #17  
First post here, but long time reader. I just bought a 1740M was also looking at the kioti DK42se. The pricing and built quality made me choose the Massey.

Coming from a bigger gear tractor i'll have to adjust to the hst transmission. Just like MaineGuy I can definately stall the engine when going to a pile in Mid range but had times the tires were slipping too. Not so bad if you are lifting "with" the pile instead of pushing it in. Forget high range for any kind of hard works or steep hill. I will try to let the engine catch up like TheFarmerInAdell says. BTW anyone have a stiff range selector lever ?

/ 1760m- looking to buy 1st tractor need help #18  

I have no issues with the tractor in low while using the loader. If I dig in too much the tires just spin. No change in rpm

I have plowed over trees and dug up small stumps while in low and the tractor moves fast enough that I dont see it as a problem. Mid range is too fast for my terrain

/ 1760m- looking to buy 1st tractor need help #19  
I have no issues with the tractor in low while using the loader. If I dig in too much the tires just spin. No change in rpm

I have plowed over trees and dug up small stumps while in low and the tractor moves fast enough that I dont see it as a problem. Mid range is too fast for my terrain

I also have no problem in low, it is mid range and high that sucks my power.

/ 1760m- looking to buy 1st tractor need help #20  
First post here, but long time reader. I just bought a 1740M was also looking at the kioti DK42se. The pricing and built quality made me choose the Massey.

Coming from a bigger gear tractor i'll have to adjust to the hst transmission. Just like MaineGuy I can definately stall the engine when going to a pile in Mid range but had times the tires were slipping too. Not so bad if you are lifting "with" the pile instead of pushing it in. Forget high range for any kind of hard works or steep hill. I will try to let the engine catch up like TheFarmerInAdell says. BTW anyone have a stiff range selector lever ?

Yes, My range selector was a little stiff, seems better now. Dealer told me it is because the gear teeth are square.