Buying Advice 1835M on Nokians

/ 1835M on Nokians #1  

Tractorable

Veteran Member
Tractor
Tractorless, 2022 F350 Tremor, 24ft Diamond C HDT Equipment Trailer, 1980 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40
Saw these Nokian Tri-2 tires being offered on a new MF 1835M for sale on TractorHouse. Thought they looked pretty cool. I’m guessing MF is trying to get in on the R-14 craze. The Tri-2 description is for year round use. Not a snow tire. Easy on the ground but clean out good.

Would any of you select these over R1’s or R4’s?

IMG_8922.JPG
IMG_8926.JPG

/ 1835M on Nokians #3  
I would get them!

/ 1835M on Nokians #6  
Very popular tire choice in Europe for municipal tractors. Those will do great and last a long time for tractors that spent most of the time on the road either pulling trailers, mowing ditches, etc. I head those tires do very well in ice as long as they're studded.

I would still rather have R1 Radials than anything else.

1688980181320.png

/ 1835M on Nokians #7  
Great for municipalities, road travel (last much longer) and roadside mowing as some one said before. However less traction then R1 and R4 in loose soil and mud.

/ 1835M on Nokians #8  
Nice looking tire, certainly less traction then R-1's, wouldn't be surprised if they had more traction in dirt and they would definitly have more on wet grass then R-4's.
I wouldn't be adverse to a set on a raking or tedding tractor for hay work and definitly for road hauling.

/ 1835M on Nokians #9  
Nokian has earned an apparent reputation for quality; I'd be willing to give them a shot.

/ 1835M on Nokians #10  
I have a set of yokomaha alliance 550 on my 1740m. They are very close to the Nokians in pattern and intended use. I switched from R4's and I absolutely love them. For what I use the tractor for, you couldn't pay me to switch back. Being that the footprint is so much wider/flatter, their traction in sand/loose soil is worlds better than the r4's were. With all the additional biting edges, I do not need chains in the winter anymore to snowblow up hill on my steep driveway. Obviously on sheer ice you're spinning without the chains, but I absolutely HAD to have them before and now the effort to chain up isn't worth the gains. I haven't tried bottomless swamp mud, but I try my best to avoid that anyway. The mud I have encountered so far hasn't been an issue.

Attachments

• 1740m.jpg
    1740m.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 71