Buying Advice 1835M on Nokians

/ 1835M on Nokians #11  
I have them and they do just fine on the gravelly soil we have and superior in my winter snow plowing.
I'd say for flat to moderately rolling land doing hay work, spraying and road travel that they'll do just fine and give you a very nice ride on the roads and should last probably twice as long as r1's.
Clay soils and this tread pattern do not get along just as you'd expect.
I "pieced" my tires together needing front tires. I found a set mounted that were "take offs" from a new self propelled sprayer. They are "Alliance" brand. Being satisfied with the performance I bought 2 "BKT" brand when it was time for the rears.
There are charts online for conversion to metric dimensions, important for 4wd tractors if you're not buying a new tractor or replacing as needed.👍

/ 1835M on Nokians #12  
Great for municipalities, road travel (last much longer) and roadside mowing as some one said before. However less traction then R1 and R4 in loose soil and mud.
DO you really know that r14's are worse in mud? I find that hard to believe because R4's are hopeless in mud. I have used R14's in mud a little and my impression was that they are better than R4's

/ 1835M on Nokians #13  
I would doubt that they are worse (in mud) than R4's and might argue that they're better. But my only experience with R4's are on a skid steer or backhoe, not a tractor.
Tires have a pretty simple "job", short of some science (siping) and rubber compounds behind or for racing, rock crawling or ice and snow applications, tires are more or less just paddles, propellers or whatever you can equate to something that effectively displace semi liquid earth (mud in all its consistencies) while supporting and pulling a load.
Analyze your conditions and use for your decision. These R14's and similar are more expensive but should last longer. Just look at the amount of rubber subject to wear contacting the ground. I'd guess that it's 3 times as much and common sense tells me this will increase the wear and similarly reduce necessary traction in certain mud conditions.
I'd make a wild guess that other than arid conditions, drawing a mid line east to west across the middle of the country, the lower half should stay with a traditional R 1.
Local conditions and tasks, mowing, haymaking, spraying and maybe light tillage as the exception.

/ 1835M on Nokians #14  
Saw these Nokian Tri-2 tires being offered on a new MF 1835M for sale on TractorHouse. Thought they looked pretty cool. I’m guessing MF is trying to get in on the R-14 craze. The Tri-2 description is for year round use. Not a snow tire. Easy on the ground but clean out good.

Would any of you select these over R1’s or R4’s?

View attachment 810315View attachment 810316
I would not touch R4's with a 10 foot pole.

Had Carlisle tuefs on our 1635, were excellent year round.

Needed new wheels due to rust issues, bought wheels and R1's.

Those look like an excellent tire.

/ 1835M on Nokians #15  

Attachments

• 2E235A75-B734-4106-BD7A-7C1626CA35A5_1_201_a.jpeg
    2E235A75-B734-4106-BD7A-7C1626CA35A5_1_201_a.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 115
Love the tires