1845 Problem

/ 1845 Problem #11  
That is an amazing amount of mud. We have a different setup. There is a metal ring that spaces the two wheel rims from each other at the hub. In the attached picture, you can see the larger hub. So in between the two tires, we do not have the space like you do. At the outside, we do.

Attachments

• Chains_4426.jpg
    Chains_4426.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 109
   / 1845 Problem #12  
Wow.

Could you put something like an inner tube in the space to fill it? Perhaps a ring of high density polyethylene foam?

All the best,

Peter

View attachment 311604View attachment 311605View attachment 311607View attachment 311608I finally decided today to take the front wheels of my 1845 and clean the mud out. I drove it previously up and down my driveway as fast as it would go and a lot of the mud between the tires flew off, then I tried prying out some more with a piece of 3/8 by 2 inch steel , still looked like a lot in there. When I took the outside wheel off I could not believe how much mud was packed in the wheels between the 2 tires. See attached pictures.

/ 1845 Problem #13  
I can't say much more than what Ken and Peter said. Different setup,

So, my question is why does the mud bother you? Is it falling out on a paved road? I don't see the harm, actually I see it as adding weight to the machine. Then again, I am not the smartest when it comes to tractors.

/ 1845 Problem
I have had it break the valve stem off one wheel and if you leave the mud in there it rusts the lug bolts.