187D Power steering

/ 187D Power steering #1  

uspowers

Tractor
Yanmar 187D
Greetings

My YM187D has power steering.
This afternoon the valve jammed and locked it in full left turn.
I've removed the assembly and cleaned it up, but I'd like to rebuild it before I reassemble.
The markings on it are :

Modular Controls PSC-2117B-12.75-5

I'd like to rebuild the with new seals and valve components before putting it back on tractor.

Anyone know where I might find components or rebuild kit?

Thanks All
Bob P.

/ 187D Power steering #2  
I'd give Hoye Tractor a call....good folks. If they don't have parts.....they can point you in the right direction.

/ 187D Power steering #3  
Hoye can solve anything - most of the time.

This Yanmar Power Steering kit was a US dealer option from some third-party that no longer exists. There haven't been service parts for it for years.

I'm afraid to open mine and replace the o-ring that bleeds down and dribbles because there is no remedy if I damage something.

And the external linkage that this PS component pushes against, is rusted solid and can't be unscrewed so far as I have attempted. It steers fine, it just leaves a drop of oil on the ground after returning the steering wheel to center.

Until I figure out how to open it without damaging something irreplaceable, I'm just going to live with it.

There was a thread on these about a year ago, where Winston posted the entire Service Manual. And someone else posted that he had serviced several. He said it was simple but time-consuming. Note that manual says the left/right neutral balance is factory calibrated so don't disturb that part of it. But that little control piston may be the basis for your left-turn-only issue. If you're lucky maybe its just stuck?

Please share with us whatever you learn. I think here is the only documentation for them that exists.

/ 187D Power steering
Went to a local Hydraulic supply and replaced all the rubber seal components in the piston.
Cleaned up the control valve as well as I could. I was unable to disassemble it. Nothing I tried seemed to work.
I'm hoping the clean-up and relate will correct the sicking issue.
Thank you
Bob

I'll post in a week or so when I get a chance to reinstall it on the tractor.