1910 Starter

/ 1910 Starter #1  

sruman

Silver Member
Tractor
Ford 1910
Is there a cheaper why to get a new starter for my 1910 for tractor? The starter online are running $650 bucks. WOW!!!!!
Do you know what "off the shelf" model # would be so that I can shop around, or would it be better to rebuild?

The starter just cranks slowly, even with a new battery. What parts would be best to replace to correct? The gears all look okay.

/ 1910 Starter #2  
Then you could try Karam A.L. - Your Source for Alternators and Starters or Popular Searches for Overall - RareElectrical

On my Iseki the starter is built by Hitachi and the stater has the Hitachi part number stamped on the starter. The New Holland 1910 could be a Hitachi starter look for part numbers stamped into the starter housing.

With a google search for "New Holland 1910 starter" I found these at prices down to $280.

SBA185086350 New Ford New Holland Tractor Starter 1900 1910 2110 | eBay or New Holland Compact Starter SBA185086350 1 YR Warranty

I have never sent a start out for rebuild. But it would be interesting to find a good rebuild shop for these.

Someone like this:

Rebuilding Services | Starter, Alternator,Generator,Rebuilt Starter, Rebuilt Alternator, Rebuilt Generator, Rebuilder,Auto Electric, Auto Electric Rebuilders

/ 1910 Starter #4  
My starter on the JD 4020 was doing the same just not getting up to RPMs, I took it into the starter repair and they put in new bearing and they said it was as good as new now, bout $30 I think they charged me,

( I had one they had rebuilt a few years ago, and put that one on while it was being worked on) that one was little more expensive, , $160 if I remember correctly but much cheaper than the JD rebuilt at $600
but it was original to the tractor 1971.) that was bearings and drive brushes and maybe more,)

Look up rebuild starters /alternators in the yellow pages, and call the eclectic motor rebuild shops,

/ 1910 Starter #5  
and if the dealer parts catalog has starter parts in it try new bearings and possibly brushes, did that on the combine I did it my self,

/ 1910 Starter #7  
Before you buy any new parts be sure the starter is getting the proper voltage while it is turning. Take every connection from the battery ground strap all the way to the starter, disconnect, clean up and reinstall. Then put a volt meter at the starter lug, crank the starter and read the voltage. Low voltage can cause a slow starter and is the first thing to check before spending any money.