1910 transmitition fluid

/ 1910 transmitition fluid #1  

rjhans53

Bronze Member
Tractor
Iseki 1910 Ford 8n B
Ok I'm not a mechanic but I'm not with out mechanical skills and a very little knowledge. Today when I went out to change the glow plugs (which don't screw in as far as the one's that were there) I noticed a thin line of ivory colored fluid leaking out around the pto shaft. I'm assuming that is not a correct color for it to be and that guessing is that there is water in the oil. I checked the water level in the radiator and it's still that same as it's always been. Any other idea's out there I would appreciate them
Thanks
Ron

/ 1910 transmitition fluid #2  
Did you check the fluid level in the transmission?
One area water can get in transmission is around the rubber boot
that covers the shifter where it goes into the transmission.

/ 1910 transmitition fluid
I am leaking oil around the pto shaft, I am assuming that the seal is leaking. My 1910 does not look like the parts cut sheet, it's got at least 4 bolts (one is new or looks newer and was about a turn loose) and the cut sheet shows 2. I need to see if I think I can fix it or not and if so if I can get the parts.

/ 1910 transmitition fluid
Ok looking further at the cut sheets what I'm looking at is the plate for the 3 point hitch. The seal appears to be just under the pto sleeve (if that is what it is called) This might not be to bad, time will tell