1949 Ford 8N

/ 1949 Ford 8N #21  
once you add an orc.. recheck driveline length.. make sure it is not too long..

soundguy

/ 1949 Ford 8N
The weather was finally good enough to make some of the repairs. I changed the shifter boot, intake tube and replaced the rebuilt carb and air filter. The tractor ran for about 5 mins at idle and then when I went to put it in gear it moved about 10 feet and then died. After numerous attempts to restart, I drained the tank and changed the gas and it ran for 30 seconds and then died again and then I had no luck at all after that. When I took off the air tube, fuel came out but not excessively. Any thoughts? I put a link to a video of it running while it was running.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzeVN-r3JV8]8n running - YouTube[/ame]

/ 1949 Ford 8N
Oh and the oil pressure is low because I forgot to tighten the line that goes into the back of the gauge, if you look at the 11 second mark you can see the oil leaking down the side of tractor... After I snugged it up, the pressure came up to 40psi.

/ 1949 Ford 8N #24  
at moment of death you always check spark.. if it has blue spark that will jump a 1/4" open air gap.. then it's fuel.

your symptoms sound like a heavy or sticking flaot.. or a clogged float valve. / some other fuel obstruction like blocked tap orifice..e tc..

/ 1949 Ford 8N
The float was corroded and leaking so it was replaced, new manifold was put on too and exhaust was rerouted so I didn't have to weld it to the manifold like the previous owners. I got it to run for about 2 minutes and it crapped out. When I checked the spark, there was none. I took off the distributor cap(front mount) it was full of corrosion as the old 6v coil holes had not been blocked and water found a way in. So I am now waiting for rebuild parts for the distributor.

Attachments

• IMG-20120523-00272.jpg
    IMG-20120523-00272.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 254
   / 1949 Ford 8N #26  
make sure you use the gaskets with the new distri/coil..