1950's Massey Harris 30 gr wont start ?

/ 1950's Massey Harris 30 gr wont start ?
Ok great, and if its not seized are there steps to getting this brute started again without paying out my collage funds. Lol

/ 1950's Massey Harris 30 gr wont start ? #12  
Event if the block is froze the starter and solenoid would still click. If no click then check ALL conections too and from battery and starter.

/ 1950's Massey Harris 30 gr wont start ? #13  
1st,,, electrical
2nd,,, fuel and mixture with air
3rd compression and spark.

/ 1950's Massey Harris 30 gr wont start ? #14  
If your fuel filter split,then your carb float might have frozen. You may have to REPLACE some carb parts.don-ohio :)^)

/ 1950's Massey Harris 30 gr wont start ? #15  
Do you have a cover on your starter. If it was left out water could have got in the starter. Take the band off of it and look inside. There should not be any rust on the comutator. If so it could be drawing too much power to try to overcome the resistance.

Thanks Don I will take that carb off this afternoon and take a look. And yes Mike there is a cover over the starter, but I will look inside itjust to be sure. If I do find that water got in and rusted the comutator is there a way to clean them, like a wire brush or something or will I need to replace the whole starter?

/ 1950's Massey Harris 30 gr wont start ? #17  
T If I do find that water got in and rusted the comutator is there a way to clean them, like a wire brush or something or will I need to replace the whole starter?

I would take it to your local auto electronic re builders. I took mine off my Case in and had him turn the commutator to remove the rust and put a new bendix and gear in it. Cost about $55.

I have checked my carb and starter and they are fine. With the help I have gotten on this forum I am now able to get the starter to work. But that is all. The starter comes on and spins the fan blade but it just wont start the engine. Any ideas ?

/ 1950's Massey Harris 30 gr wont start ? #19  
Like SOOTS said above,you need to investigate the spark and compression.Pull a spark plug and holdit to ground at its tip,Use a rag or heavy glove to keep from getting a shock,LOL!.Crank the engine and see if you're getting spark thru it.
If not,or a weak,yellow spark, you may have corroded points,weak condenser,bad spark plugs, or weak coil.
Engines of old didn't need to crank fast to start up.But as SOOT said they need those things,so while you have your spark plug out,check compression in that cylinder.
Always remember to set the throttle open when checking compression. don-ohio :)^)

/ 1950's Massey Harris 30 gr wont start ? #20  
I have a 1952 massy harris runs good but now wont start, have checked battery, cables, new starter, new ignition, good gas. bought wire probe, all wiring is good. whats next?