1953 Ford jubilee won’t go uphill

/ 1953 Ford jubilee won’t go uphill #11  
Or the governor is disconnected.
Sounds feasible. Or on the simpler side a partial clog fuel filter. I had it many a time on a tractor just like his. That’s the very reason I have three more tractors. All diesel. I still have the old ford. Don’t use it much cuz it works me to death

/ 1953 Ford jubilee won’t go uphill #12  
Sounds feasible. Or on the simpler side a partial clog fuel filter. I had it many a time on a tractor just like his. That’s the very reason I have three more tractors. All diesel. I still have the old ford. Don’t use it much cuz it works me to death
I had one of them old gassers. Had to have a pair of pliers and a screwdriver in my pocket just to walk by it.

/ 1953 Ford jubilee won’t go uphill #13  
My expierence with gas engines when you get hissing in the
carb its usually the timing is out of sync, chain/belt worn out

willy

/ 1953 Ford jubilee won’t go uphill #14  
Or wide open with no fuel… as with fuel starvation.

/ 1953 Ford jubilee won’t go uphill #15  
A 10-12 degree hill, on a Tractor with a Carb, that has a Float that has a travel of 8-10 degrees and a bowl that has 2-3 ounces of fuel?

How long are you on the Hill?

I can recall the same Stalling just loading 8N, 600's Jubilee's, onto the trailers up the Ramps if you took too long, without trying to run a Brush Hog.

/ 1953 Ford jubilee won’t go uphill
Or the governor is disconnected.
The governor is not giving it enough gas that is the problem I don’t see it moving. How would I fix it? I’m gonna take the alternator off to get to it so I can see what’s wrong

/ 1953 Ford jubilee won’t go uphill #17  
That makes sense. Can you imagine pulling the hood and gas tank to adjust the valves at this point. Get this simply stuff out of the way first

/ 1953 Ford jubilee won’t go uphill #18  
IF the governor is bad then you have to pull the whole front of the tractor off to get at it, it is located behind the timing gear cover. With the engine running grab the governor rod and pull it toward the back of the tractor, you should feel the governor pull forward on the rod. If you feel the pull the governor is working but the linkages may be out of adjustment.

/ 1953 Ford jubilee won’t go uphill #19  
So when I went to my property to go cut down some brush with my bush hog and needed to get to the top of a small 20 degree slope, the carburetor would hiss (jet?), jerk forwards and backwards then stall. Anyone have any ideas to why this would be happening?
You have an up draft carb on that. Carb, timing, points, and valves. I'll guess two of those ain't right. Leave the valves alone until you learn how to check them.

Last edited: