1956 TO35 model?

/ 1956 TO35 model? #1  

roberth285

Tractor
MF TO35
posting up several questions tonight. Keep looking online and finding more things to ask. I have read on several forums where folks seem to be having the same identity issue im having. I was told its a 1956 deluxe model but when I looked up the serial number (SGF I70I73) it says its a single stage clutch setup which I believe it does unless it needs adjusted because it acts like a single stage. thing that is confusing is it has Tach, Oil pressure gauge, Water temp gauge, ammeter and the pto is Engine/neutral/ground PTO. Any insight to what I might have?

Attachments

• tractor 2.jpg
    tractor 2.jpg
    576.5 KB · Views: 163
  • tractor.jpg
    tractor.jpg
    609 KB · Views: 161
  • tractor1 (2).jpg
    tractor1 (2).jpg
    767.6 KB · Views: 309
  • tractor1.jpg
    tractor1.jpg
    581.1 KB · Views: 288
   / 1956 TO35 model? #2  
There is plate under the bell housing that is held on with 4 bolts, if you can get that cover off, and get some pictures of what the clutch looks like.

/ 1956 TO35 model? #3  
posting up several questions tonight. Keep looking online and finding more things to ask. I have read on several forums where folks seem to be having the same identity issue im having. I was told its a 1956 deluxe model but when I looked up the serial number (SGF I70I73) it says its a single stage clutch setup which I believe it does unless it needs adjusted because it acts like a single stage. thing that is confusing is it has Tach, Oil pressure gauge, Water temp gauge, ammeter and the pto is Engine/neutral/ground PTO. Any insight to what I might have?

Try the Yesterdays tractors website. There is a section under Research and Info on the left side of the page called Serial Numbers that can be helpful.

/ 1956 TO35 model? #4  
S=standard, G=gas, F=single stage clutch

/ 1956 TO35 model?
ok. yeah that's pretty much what I found as well. still a heck of a find. the guy who owned it before me gave me all his manuals and journals of things he did to it. little bummed it doesn't have dif lock or 2 stage clutch but the tractor came from a person who really cared for his equipment. thanks all for the help

/ 1956 TO35 model? #6  
Since you have a single stage clutch you can get what's called a "over run clutch" that goes on the pto shaft of the tractor so when you run a bush hog (or shredder, or slasher depending on where you live) you can push the clutch in on the tractor, and the still spinning bush hog won't make your tractor keep on going when you need to stop. Here's a link to one JD Massey Ford AC Case Tractor Over Running PTO Clutch Coupler 1 3 8" x 1 3 8" | eBay