1957 Ford Powermaster 861 Free to a good home. Actually, a disreputable home would be OK too. It just needs a home.

/ 1957 Ford Powermaster 861 Free to a good home. Actually, a disreputable home would be OK too. It just needs a home. #1  

nickfank

Silver Member
Tractor
1957 Ford Powermaster 861, NH TC30, Kawasaki Mule, Derby ZTR
It's time for me to downsize. I've got a 1957 Ford Powermaster 861 in rough shape, but with a running engine. Sheet metal has been removed to work on the engine, but it's all there. Last time I checked, the clutch was siezed, but I've had the pedal clamped down for a few months, so it may be OK by now. It should probably be regarded as a parts donor, but with a little work it could be an ugly, functional tractor. I'm near Oxford in Ohio, and anyone who shows up with a trailer can have the tractor. Would much prefer to re-home it than scrap it.

I don't watch this forum every day, but if you're interested, post a response and I'll get back to you within a few days.

/ 1957 Ford Powermaster 861 Free to a good home. Actually, a disreputable home would be OK too. It just needs a home. #2  
Hope someone steps up and takes it to bring back to life, hate seeing the old Fords parted out.

/ 1957 Ford Powermaster 861 Free to a good home. Actually, a disreputable home would be OK too. It just needs a home. #3  
Hope someone steps up and takes it to bring back to life, hate seeing the old Fords parted out.
You and me, both, John. Love the Powermasters. It was the first Ford from that era that made a great loader tractor, in my opinion. Hard to find a better, all-around small acreage farming and utility tractor.

/ 1957 Ford Powermaster 861 Free to a good home. Actually, a disreputable home would be OK too. It just needs a home. #4  
It's time for me to downsize. I've got a 1957 Ford Powermaster 861 in rough shape, but with a running engine. Sheet metal has been removed to work on the engine, but it's all there. Last time I checked, the clutch was siezed, but I've had the pedal clamped down for a few months, so it may be OK by now. It should probably be regarded as a parts donor, but with a little work it could be an ugly, functional tractor. I'm near Oxford in Ohio, and anyone who shows up with a trailer can have the tractor. Would much prefer to re-home it than scrap it.

I don't watch this forum every day, but if you're interested, post a response and I'll get back to you within a few days.
Are you on facebook nickfank? I hate that crap, but I did finally join just to get on the antique tractor groups and I am on Classic Ford Tractors.

You should list it there. I see quite a few people there have that model.
I hope it gets saved.

/ 1957 Ford Powermaster 861 Free to a good home. Actually, a disreputable home would be OK too. It just needs a home.
Are you on facebook nickfank? I hate that crap, but I did finally join just to get on the antique tractor groups and I am on Classic Ford Tractors.

You should list it there. I see quite a few people there have that model.
I hope it gets saved.
Just asked to join that group. Thanks for the idea.

/ 1957 Ford Powermaster 861 Free to a good home. Actually, a disreputable home would be OK too. It just needs a home. #6  
No problem. Hope someone saves it or it at least helps keep another one alive.

/ 1957 Ford Powermaster 861 Free to a good home. Actually, a disreputable home would be OK too. It just needs a home.
@Paystar's FB idea paid off, and I've got three interested people. I'll post again when I know how those work out.

/ 1957 Ford Powermaster 861 Free to a good home. Actually, a disreputable home would be OK too. It just needs a home. #8  
@Paystar's FB idea paid off, and I've got three interested people. I'll post again when I know how those work out.
I see you find my other spot I was going to suggest....Yesterday's Tractors.

Did anyone pick it up yet?

The tractor found a good new home today with a guy who clearly enjoys working with the 800 series. Thanks @Paystar for the idea of joining the FB group. That got results within an hour.

/ 1957 Ford Powermaster 861 Free to a good home. Actually, a disreputable home would be OK too. It just needs a home. #10  
The tractor found a good new home today with a guy who clearly enjoys working with the 800 series. Thanks @Paystar for the idea of joining the FB group. That got results within an hour.
Good to hear. Too bad you had no need for it. But I know how it is. Lately I've been buying them already finished because I just never seem to have the time to work on all the projects I bought.

Take care.