1959 Ford Gold Demonstrator Value

/ 1959 Ford Gold Demonstrator Value #1  

deadshort

I am thinking about selling my 1959 model 971 Ford Gold demonstrator. I am asking the collective wisdom here to help me out in establishing a value. It is fully restored and doesn't appear to have been used much since it was new. Starts, runs and drives like a new tractor. The serial number puts it into the slot of being a true Gold Demonstrator. There is also several spots where the gold paint was left uncovered during the restoration. Please let me know your thoughts. I do have more pictures if it would help.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 479
  • FullSizeRender (4).jpg
    FullSizeRender (4).jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 430
  • GD1.jpg
    GD1.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 666
Last edited:
   / 1959 Ford Gold Demonstrator Value #2  
I have no idea of the value, but as an owner of a S-O-S RowCrop I think that tractor is frieking awesome!

/ 1959 Ford Gold Demonstrator Value #3  
Whatever you have in it, about half that. <---That's how all my restorations have worked out, lol.

/ 1959 Ford Gold Demonstrator Value #4  
Tractor prices have dropped over the years. There were only about 2500 or so made. If all code numbers are within the 4 month period it will add to the value. Does it have the recall tracking number on the opposite side of the bellhousing? The light duty wheel weights will add value. Being it's a wide front row crop will also add value at least more value than my 871 gold demo.
There was an exchange offered at the dealership to exchange your old ORC trans for an upgraded DDC trans. If your trans was exchanged Which will be indicated by the date code on the trans, should be about 1965, as was my Blue 881 gold demo, it will decrease the value of your tractor Even though the tractor may show a lot of gold and have been restamped by the dealer with the proper numbers.
As far as value its up to a collector what he wants to pay for it.
Bring it up over on the YTMag site on the ford section. The guys might have a better handle on price. And your location can have a big difference in price.

Kirk

Attachments

• 100_4603.JPG
    100_4603.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 338
  • 100_4010.jpg
    100_4010.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 330
   / 1959 Ford Gold Demonstrator Value #5  
too bad you aren't in florida. ;)

/ 1959 Ford Gold Demonstrator Value #6  
I don't know which is more impressive, the tractor or your "shop". From the clean layout, the walls, to the wood stove, right down to the dogs, that is a beautiful space and an awesome old Ford!