1963 Ford 2000 hydraulics

/ 1963 Ford 2000 hydraulics #1  

Whitey37

Tractor
ford industrial 2000
Hello there!
This is my first post. Just bought a 1963 Ford 2000 industrial with loader and 723 series backhoe. Having trouble with the hydraulics. I rebuilt the 4 loader cylinders to fix leaks but still has very shaky/delayed operation. Does anyone know how to test the hydraulic pressure output? Do I just put a tee in the pressure side with a 3,000+ psi gauge? Same with the power steering?
I have been looking for a new/rebuilt hydraulic pump but this unit is no longer serviced by new holland, so where do I get a part number? There are so many rebuilt pumps for the 2000.
I'm new to working on tractors, so any help would be greatly appreciated; good places to get service manual etc.
Thanks

/ 1963 Ford 2000 hydraulics #2  
It has been so long since I even looked at one of those, much less worked on one. First make sure the filter and or suction screen is not plugged. After that I would need to see the manual. I think there is a company named Jennings that reproduces manuals. They might have one.
Gary

/ 1963 Ford 2000 hydraulics #3  
The operating issues could just be air in the system which will purge by cycling the cylinders. As for the pump I assume you refer to the front mounted crankshaft driven pump for the loader and backhoe. That can be replaced with any similarly driven pump of equivalent output.

/ 1963 Ford 2000 hydraulics
Thanks for the input. The pump is the front mounted one. By cycling the cylinders do you mean repeatedly working them up & down? The reservoir is in the body of the tractor and I think the filter is at the bottom; accessed underneath, so I'm assuming I must drain the reservoir to get to the filter. Will try that next.