1964 M/F 65 GAS WIRING DIAGRAM --------> DESPERATELY NEED

/ 1964 M/F 65 GAS WIRING DIAGRAM --------> DESPERATELY NEED #1  

cainannshelbysmommy

Tractor
massey ferguson 65
Hello,

I am trying to find a wiring diagram for a Massey Ferguson 65 model gas engine. My father has a 65 but did not come with a owner's manual. I have found a diagram that I believe is for diesel, but do not think they are the same. Would anyone out there be able to help me? Would very much appreciate it!

-Deb

/ 1964 M/F 65 GAS WIRING DIAGRAM --------> DESPERATELY NEED #2  
The wiring can't be that complex.
Whatta have lights, starter and the generator. I miss anything?
What would be any different on the diesel if from the same year or series?

Educate me.

Ah, I knew I was forgetting something. The ignition.
Magneto or coil driven.

/ 1964 M/F 65 GAS WIRING DIAGRAM --------> DESPERATELY NEED
I was hoping for a more helpful answer. Unfortunately, I am not a mechanic, nor do I know anything of wiring. I am helping my stepfather who just had a hip replacement. He says that it is different...and he has rebuilt and rewired numerous things so I figure he is correct. He is not here for me to ask the difference. I know that something is missing from the one I printed. The coil and something else. I do not remember what.

Thank you, but the sight is asking for a credit card number to verify. I won't be able to use that. I appreciate it though.

I just realized that too... Thank you :)

/ 1964 M/F 65 GAS WIRING DIAGRAM --------> DESPERATELY NEED #8  
Nope I didn't realize it would need do re me or I wouldn't have offered it.

Okay, from what I figure you need is how to wire up the coil/distributor. Is that right?

Yes :) I am at work at the moment, so I cannot double check, but there was something else he was looking for that did not appear on the diagram that I had found.. I don't remember what it is though. I was assuming that maybe there was another page to the diagram that I cannot find.

/ 1964 M/F 65 GAS WIRING DIAGRAM --------> DESPERATELY NEED #10  
Any of the wiring harness laying about in place? Or no wiring at all. How much is connected if anything? Do you just need to get it going or are you trying to finish an uncompleted job?
Do you have a test light or volt meter? Do you know how to use them?

It doesn't really matter one way or the other but I was wondering if Coventry was running positive grounds as they did in cars during that era?