1966 Massey Ferguson MF150 High Clearance Diesel

/ 1966 Massey Ferguson MF150 High Clearance Diesel #1  

bglz42

Silver Member
Tractor
2013 John Deere 5083E
While contemplating a new raking tractor, (price shock), my gaze fell over my forgotten old MF150... I thought, "I have a perfectly good old tractor right there!"

Sure enough, charged the battery and hit the starter and she fired right up! I changed the fluids, adjusted the hydraulics a little (weren't dropping good), and went raking! I forgot how much I LOVE that old girl!!

Now it's time to spend a little love on her... I have quite a shopping list!

The biggest issue is finding a wiring harness. (The PO had butchered it pretty bad). Since this is a fairly rare model, I cannot find one listed anywhere. I know that my tractor is basically a US-made 165 with the 135's 3 cylinder Perkins, but I am having a tough time figuring out if I can use one of those model's harness. The MF150 High Clearance had an upgraded gauge package (need those too!), and dual headlights mounted in the fenders. Any ideas? Is the lighting harness separate from the commercially available "wiring harness"?

Will also be buying fenders/headlights/seat and possibly a whole hood...

Jim in SE Texas

/ 1966 Massey Ferguson MF150 High Clearance Diesel #2  
My brother has one just like yours, its a 1965 150 with the 3 cylinder Perkins, has everything except ipto, just has lpto. I doubt you will find a complete new wiring harness for it, but the wiring isn't too big of a deal do yourself (its not as complex as you may think). The switches, and other electrical parts are available.

5aqjja.jpg 34t1vns.jpg

/ 1966 Massey Ferguson MF150 High Clearance Diesel
Thanks, Kenneth! Your brother's tractor looks great! I have never run across another!

/ 1966 Massey Ferguson MF150 High Clearance Diesel #4  
They are a rare breed, the 150's are much better tractors than the 135's are IMO. Wish I could find a 150, I'd sell my 2135 industrial (a 135 painted yellow) in heart beat. My brother has owned his since 1975, and to this day it still works, and runs like a champ.

I love mine! The High Clearance seems to be somewhat rare. A little harder to climb up on, LOL! But, it's a hoss when it comes to work!

I just ordered a set of fenders, and some other parts so it's coming together...

/ 1966 Massey Ferguson MF150 High Clearance Diesel #6  
The 150 does use the same hood, grill as a 165 (they have the same part numbers).

Thanks Kenneth! The parts are coming in, so I will keep y'all updated. Pics to come...