1969 case 580 ck loader box blade

/ 1969 case 580 ck loader box blade #1  

pat jaynes

Tractor
1969 case 580 ck
I have a problem with hydro fluid from trans getting into rear end housing..the pump in trans runs the 3point lift.im wondering if this is a common problem

/ 1969 case 580 ck loader box blade #2  
I'd say the seal is out in the front transmission cover. The transmission cover would be part #12 in this exploded view, from Case Construction. Official Case Construction Equipment Online Parts Store and Parts Look Up. Parts for Case Equipment and Construction Equipment. Parts Store for Case Wheel Loaders, Case Excavators, Case Skid Steers, Case Original Parts. Guessing it is a common problem with this type of setup. I had the same problem with a 310B, which had the same style hydraulic pump drive. Although you don't say if you have a clutch, or torque converter. Hydraulic oil will get into the transmission, over filling it. And, can cause other problems with the oil going around the bull pinion gear housing seals, ending up in the brake housings, soaking the brake discs.

Here is a link to the entire 580 CK online parts book. Official Case Construction Equipment Online Parts Store and Parts Look Up. Parts for Case Equipment and Construction Equipment. Parts Store for Case Wheel Loaders, Case Excavators, Case Skid Steers, Case Original Parts.

/ 1969 case 580 ck loader box blade
Thanks for info.it has the dry clutch.just got parts and fixing to tear it down.I have not look at brake but I will while im in there.thanks again

/ 1969 case 580 ck loader box blade #4  
You're welcome. You'll know if the bull pinion/brake shaft seals are leaking. Stepping on the brake pedal, pretty much feels like stepping on a plum, with little braking action going on. Other wise, if in good working condition, they will set you right down.