1979 Case 580c transmission problem

/ 1979 Case 580c transmission problem #11  
I didn't come across it but I'm sure I didn't throw it out. I'm not sure if it's a 580c or a 580ck manual. I figured once I put my hands on it I could find out for sure. It's a factory manual and even if it's for the ck I think it'll still help you out.

/ 1979 Case 580c transmission problem
Al
take your time, dont go crazy looking for it. Cause sometimes you'll pick it up several times and still say where is it? I still have 3ft of snow outside, So I'll have plenty of time to read it first, Before I get into trouble, At least it will keep my wife quite. Knowing I'm doing something about it. I hate that look she gives.
Tony

/ 1979 Case 580c transmission problem #13  
I spent some time looking for it with no luck, it's kind of bothering me now. I know it's around here somewhere. I did find the full set of manuals for a 1999 Saturn SL1 (3 binders of 3 to 4 books in each). It'll turn up.

/ 1979 Case 580c transmission problem
Al
I certainly do apreciate your efforts. Welcome to my world. Sometimes I have to do a 20 min. job, But takes me half a day looking for the tools. I've been reading some of the other diff. threads posted. And I've got to say thats its a privilege for me to be at TBN. Thank You all for helping each other. It feels like a family.I hope that at some point in time I'm able to reciprocate. There is hope for us after all.
Tony

/ 1979 Case 580c transmission problem #15  
I have a Case 580C with a oil leak dripping out from the cover over the torque convert I have replaced the front seal on the power shuttle but still have the leak and after you drive it a short time it will not pull itself. Can the torque converter have a leak if so were would it be.
I would greatly appreciate the help!

/ 1979 Case 580c transmission problem #16  
tdibar, I am trying to buy a 1979 580C and need some info from that manual if Al ever got it to you. Please let me know, seems like they made some changes for the 1980 model and I have that op manual but they are not the same. Thanks...first post BTW

/ 1979 Case 580c transmission problem #17  
If it's a parts manual you're looking for, you can find it on line here:Official Case Construction Equipment Online Parts Store and Parts Look Up. Parts for Case Equipment and Construction Equipment. Parts Store for Case Wheel Loaders, Case Excavators, Case Skid Steers, Case Original Parts.

Select the 580 you're looking for, then go from there. Changes seem to be a serial number breaks listed on the parts pages. Even at that, Case was infamous for using up what stock they had left, before doing a change over, not necessarily matching that serial number break. Found that out on my 480C, which shares many parts used on the 580's.

/ 1979 Case 580c transmission problem #18  
I have a Case 580C that won't move on any kind of an incline in 3rd or 4th gears. Is the shuttle pack the transmission or is separate from the transmission?? I'm new and clueless to this type of machine and am learning as I go. 1st, 2nd & reverse seem to be fine. Any info would be greatly appreciated. BTW this machine is new to me. Please HELP