1980 Ford 555 won't start

/ 1980 Ford 555 won't start #11  
I have a 1998 555E, so this might not apply, but if the forward/reverse lever on the steering column goes out, you have to replace it to get it to start. They wear out with use and over time.

Can you jump it at the starter and get the starter to engage?

You need to follow the path of power to find out where it ends. If the battery is good with the key off and on, then it's not grounding out. Follow the cable from the battery and make sure you have power at every connection before and after.

On my dozer, there was a small regulator on the side of the block that went out that gave me fits just finding it.

Good luck,
Eddie

/ 1980 Ford 555 won't start #12  
No,that's true,what Jimmy said(don't disable your neutral starter switch)....I disabled mine because I always start the machine in neutral and the shuttle clutch lever is locked by a plate in neutral position. don-ohio

/ 1980 Ford 555 won't start
Sorry, I've been out with flu/ pneumonia for the last few weeks. Finally got her started- it was the power wire to the ignition switch. Not sure what happened to it, need to pull the fuel tank and rewire/ patch leak in tank, but she started with bypassing the faulty wire:) Thanks for the advice!

/ 1980 Ford 555 won't start #14  
Glad you posted back,Old yellow! Glad you got èr fixed! don-ohio:thumbsup: