1980 Shibaura SD3000D - Thoughts?

/ 1980 Shibaura SD3000D - Thoughts? #1  

Yander

Veteran Member
Tractor
Mine - Yanmar SA425 - Wife's LLC - Massey Ferguson 1750M - JD 3010, Kubota G6200 GT. All Diesel
I'm about to go look at a new/old tractor. I have had great experience with the Shibaura engines. Have had them in 3 different tractors, this would be 4th, so I know they make great engines. Start easy in winter and run very smooth and trouble free.

I have no experience with the Shibaura tractor. Anyone have one, know of someone with one and can speak to their tractors?

This one is sub 500hrs. and looks clean with good rubber. It is the 24spd - 4x4. I just want an older tractor for 3pt. work since I don't need to use my new Yanmar for that. It does not have a loader.

Thoughts?

/ 1980 Shibaura SD3000D - Thoughts? #2  
I have posed a bunch of the manuals in this thread near the end.

Some of the parts on the SD3000D fit on Yanmar, Satoh and Mitsubishi machines too. :)

Also the LEM754A engine (and without the A) I believe was a popular engine too.

/ 1980 Shibaura SD3000D - Thoughts?
I ended up not getting it. mainly because it was so difficult to get on and very little room for my frame.
Thanks for the response though

/ 1980 Shibaura SD3000D - Thoughts? #4  
I ended up not getting it. mainly because it was so difficult to get on and very little room for my frame.
Thanks for the response though
See if you can find a Yanmar FX series machine. Those have the more open areas for being in the seat and for the feet.