1981 Taishan T-50

/ 1981 Taishan T-50 #1  

skipp44

Tractor
Taishan T-50
Hello all, new member here asking for ANY help finding parts. It is one of the first Chinese tractors brought into US in 1981. Since the factories and companies have changed so much, the dealers I have talked to can't or won't help. It has been and still is a hard working farm tractor that's starting to need parts.

P1000056.JPG

Attachments

• P1000058.JPG
    P1000058.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 133
  • P1000051.JPG
    P1000051.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 136
   / 1981 Taishan T-50 #2  
POS burn it now

/ 1981 Taishan T-50 #3  
Welcome to the forum, that looks like a pretty decent tractor. I am of no help regarding parts, perhaps others can help. It's very unfortunate that some of these products are marketed here without setting up a spare parts system. It may be a knockoff of a more common brand, hopefully for you a close enough copy for parts interchangability.

/ 1981 Taishan T-50 #4  
   / 1981 Taishan T-50 #6  
   / 1981 Taishan T-50 #7  
POS burn it now

WoW I take it your Landini has already delivered Over 39 years of service.??

Not a very helpful post to a new member.

Some buyers of new tractors on this site have run into problems that require a stay at the dealers shop with less than 50 hours on their machines. His tractor has done decades of work already.

imo that Taishan has earned it's keep, by the OP's statement

It has been and still is a hard working farm tractor

Welcome to TBN Skipp44

Agree with other members list some parts source suggestions.

Farm Boys may also have insight / ideas for parts

Home - Farm Boy's Tractor Parts

/ 1981 Taishan T-50
LOL I think Martyman just said what most of us have thought, at one time or another, while walking home from a piece of equipment left broke in the field!

/ 1981 Taishan T-50
Thanks to everyone for defending the old girl! I have talked to all the places suggested and Ranch Hand tried too, who I am not to far from.
Frustrated, but I understand, because I found a 1983 artical in "Farm Show" magazine about my tractor, before trade was really open.

/ 1981 Taishan T-50 #10  
The "495" engine model indicates that it is 4 cylinder with a 95 mm bore, which doesn't really mean too much. But, speculating that it is a TY-495 adds to the flavor. So, then it could be a Jiangdong (JD) engine. Look for a diamond with JD inside inside it on the left hand side of the block. Most parts for these engines are plentiful because of the commonality with the TY-395 engines.