1985 International IH 254 - Front axle housing breakage

/ 1985 International IH 254 - Front axle housing breakage #1  

freedom24

Tractor
1985 International IH 254
Hello. I am a new member and this is my first post.

I recently purchased an International 254. The seller listed it on craigslist as a 1985 Case IH 254 diesel with 4WD. Its data plate says it was made in Japan. Anyways it has worked great for me in the past month.

But a few days ago I was picking up a heavy load with the bucket, and heard a snap/pop/breaking sound. I immediately shut everything down, crawled underneath and discovered that the short prop/drive (that runs from the front front 4WD axle to the main gear case) had disconnected, but there was no damage there.

After further inspection, I found that the front 4WD right side axle housing casting had broken into 3 pieces---at the top pivot point (where the front axle articulates on a swivel rod and bushings which attach from the tractor frame and go thru the top portion of the cast iron right side axle housing.

Is there anyone out there that could help me locate a used front right side axle housing for a 1985 Case IH 254 diesel 4WD? I have the actual parts and service manuals and confirmed online that its a CASE IH dealer part number 1273219C91, HOUSING ASSY RH. The housing casting number is 2115 T2 4620. The case dealer lists the housing for $1,162.00 ---yikes!!!!

I have spent the last two days submitting online parts requests and emailing dozens of tractor and tractor salvage places. But have had no luck. Does anyone know if there is another similar tractor model that would use the same front 4WD axle as the Case International IH 254? If so, maybe I could ask for another model of tractor in my search? Any input or assistance is greatly appreciated!! Many thanks!

/ 1985 International IH 254 - Front axle housing breakage #2  
Welcome to the forum. :welcome:

I'm going to move your thread over to the Mitsubishi section to see if we can get you some help with finding a suitable replacement part.