1988 Ford F-250 with 7.3 litre diesel

/ 1988 Ford F-250 with 7.3 litre diesel #21  
yup.. i'd have loved to have found a early 2003.. but settled for a 99.

/ 1988 Ford F-250 with 7.3 litre diesel #22  
I owned a 92 F250 with the IDI 7.3...
I think that they started adding the turbos in 93/94 and then the Powerstroke in 95???
My 92 was a really good truck but I did have a couple of issues with the truck...
I purchased it as a used 1 owner with 20K miles on it...
I replaced the tranny under extended warranty at 50K miles...
I think that a valve body in the tranny was sticking, the dealership did not get it repaired to my satisfaction, so they just swapped out a factory reman unit...
The only reoccurring issue I had was with the IFS...
The front end would have a tendency to back out bolts holding the front end together...
After several repairs over a couple of years my mechanic eventually ended up tack welding the heads of the bolts to keep them from backing out...
Only thing I can figure out is that the IFS was just not robust enough for the extra weight of the diesel...
Don't know if this was a reoccurring issue with those trucks or not but it was on mine...
The only complaint that I have with it was the 3.55 rear end gearing...
Thing did not like to pull worth a poot...
185 HP and 3.55 gearing will do that to you...
But overall, it really was a good truck...
Those engines are really good but just down on HP...

/ 1988 Ford F-250 with 7.3 litre diesel #23  
If it is sound and resonable jump on it and put a turbo on it ( Banks or Hypermax) for 2-3k and it will give the powerstrokes a run for there money for sure.
Used turbo kit come up for sale every so often on ebay and some of the diesel forums for 400-1000.

/ 1988 Ford F-250 with 7.3 litre diesel #24  
i wonder if the ats turbo would fit it?